Rear cleats on XB03??

Stace

Anyone install rear cleats on a XB03? I would really like to have some back there but don't want put them in a place that wouldn't be strong enough. Thanx Stace

chad202

Just us the hand grip in the boat on in the very rear? I see know need in drilling holes.

catfish123

I was just wondering this same thing about a rear cleat for mine this weekend. Good question!

RedAllison

The top cap on our boats is gonna be a hard job to finish right. Remember, you got all that foam compressed under the top cap there and would have to remove it from that section to mount the cleats too. Just tie either too the handles inside the cockpit or the swimrails as was said.

Might also check out the suction cup tiedowns, they should work on the sides of the cap over the wings!
RA

GotMyAlly

I tied mine to the rear swim rail several times, but noticed that if I left it like that for a little while with rough water rocking the boat the swim rails got loose. It is a pain trying to reach up under the back deck to tighten the swim rails back down. Plus I figured if it was putting enough stress on the rails to loosen them, it probably isn't really good on the cap either. I started tying off to the jackplate in the rear. I have a manual plate, so I just loop the rope around the adjustment bolt on the side I am tying up.

Stace

I got a couple of spare holes in my jackplate and the top two holes of swivel bracket. I'll pick up a couple stainless eyebolts and hook to them. You guys never fail to steer me in the right direction. Thanx again :D Stace :D

JR

Tieing up

My Grandsport always amazes people with how easy it is to tie up in a slip, overnight. All I do is run two bunji ropes [homemade] across the front and rear of the slip. When I pull into the slip my bow goes under both the ropes and I pull the bow bunji rope from rear-to-front under the tie up [black] crossbar on the nose and let it loop around the bow light. This centers the nose in the slip and the bunji rope stretches for the tide. On the rear, we just pass the bunji rope over our heads and I make a double loop around my ski pylon. The stretchable ropes keep the boat centered in the slip both directions regardless of the tide and they also don't "yank" on the boat as waves pass.
JR

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
On the XB2003 you can also use the seatpole attached into the rear deck hole and one of those elastic dock cords to go to the dock cleat. And you can make a side fender with a fixed-length line to slide over the post first, to cushion against the dock.