Red Allison Read Here

Vance

Red Where u been man. Been waiting for a good food plot update or buck inventory. let me hear from ya.

RedAllison

Sup my crazy cajun friend? :at the bar

The plots are GREAT, this cool, wet summer we had made my corn plots EXPLODE! They actually were planted by my neighbor while we were at the rally in Clifton. I was worried that was to late but they came up PERFECTLY. As the season progresses the deer will start using them more & more. Right now everything is still green & the acorn crop is heavy so they aren't being used as heavily as they will be later in the month. I planted my oat plots last month instead of Sept because the area had an outbreak of meal worms. That likewise worked out great as they are PERFECT & the deer are in them already as well. (Luckily my neighbor at the farm is a lifelong farmer & runs the local Crop Production Services office down there so he's my farming expert that tells me what & when to plant. I know several people that planted their fall plots to early & the mealworms SMOKED them so they either lost them or they had to replant them.)

Inventory wise we've got bucks, bucks & more bucks... :beer: My primary "inventory census" occurred two afternoons in Sept when the neighbor cut his corn. I own the woods behind the field so they spend the majority of time on me but the first week after he cuts the corn is THE best time I've found to see the majority of bucks on that side of the farm. The only negative is the pics are taken from 800yds away in fading light so they aren't best quality but certainly enough to "take inventory".

So far this buck has been the "star of the show", I've counted 11 pts for sure but one afternoon I thought I saw 13pts (2 additional stickers). This pic doesn't show it but he has a body as big as the huge 8. I think he's likely a 5.5yr old & I'm estimating him in the 160s?

Attachments

Last edited:

RedAllison

Sorry for multiple posts but my :cuss iPad AINT loadn multi pics today. :confused

This buck I think I had in my corn all of last year, he was a 3.5yr old 220# 8ptr last year. This year he's a 4.5yr old, 250#+, HORSE who will suffer a lead injection if/when any of us see him this year!

Attachments

RedAllison

The center buck is the 250# 8pt & to the right of him is the 13ptr, see what I mean about equal body size? That's why I think that 13 is a 160 class, he just appears smaller because his body is a brute.

I likewise like the "stud to be" on the far left, he's a beautiful 3.5yr old that will be a grand specimen in another year or 2!

Attachments

RedAllison

Bow season closes today, muzzleloader opens in the morn. :beer: All in all bow was slow but it's just been so warm, wet & the Thermacells worked overtime on the skeeters. The woods are more like a jungle, food is still green & everywhere plus the acorn crop was awesome as well. Overall it's been a GREAT summer & fall for the deer as they never had the typical summer stress so they are going into the season in PRIME shape! Our temps are just finally beginning to cool back to normal & once we get this full moon behind us, I think it'll be ON from this time next week on thru the rest of the month!!! :at the bar

Vance

WOW is all I can say. That will definitely get you up and out of bed without hitting the snooze button.

I've been working like crazy and had been looking for a Red post to read to get me head into something else besides pipeline construction. You definitely came through.

Got access to a couple holes to hunt in the delta and a friend is working on a lease for us. 3500acres of thick nasty CRP on the coldwater river east of Batesville Ms. Hope we get it. I Wont have time to hunt the holes or lease this year but there is always next year.

I'm working in Stanton at one of our compressor stations. The Hatchie is just up the road.

985-750-4129. text me your number and next time I'm in Stanton I will call.
I would like to see your place.

Vance

Neal I'm done with our station in Paris. Working on Stanton and Sardis now.
I texteded you if that's a word wanting to go to ur grandparents place but you never responded. Beautiful country up there. Saw you threw out a price for your boat. Does your fianc

GotMyAlly

Neal I'm done with our station in Paris. Working on Stanton and Sardis now.
I texteded you if that's a word wanting to go to ur grandparents place but you never responded. Beautiful country up there.
I don't think i ever got that text, but honestly I did forget all about calling them. My dad was up there yesterday and ate some deer sausage somebody had. He made a comment about wishing he had some of that to take home. That spurred my memory.

Sorry I forgot all about that, but if you get sent back up that way again, nag me until I get up there to show you around the farm.

Saw you threw out a price for your boat. Does your fianc

RedAllison

WOW is all I can say. That will definitely get you up and out of bed without hitting the snooze button.

I've been working like crazy and had been looking for a Red post to read to get me head into something else besides pipeline construction. You definitely came through.

Got access to a couple holes to hunt in the delta and a friend is working on a lease for us. 3500acres of thick nasty CRP on the coldwater river east of Batesville Ms. Hope we get it. I Wont have time to hunt the holes or lease this year but there is always next year.

I'm working in Stanton at one of our compressor stations. The Hatchie is just up the road.

985-750-4129. text me your number and next time I'm in Stanton I will call.
I would like to see your place.
Vance I plum forgot you told me about Stanton. Yes it's only 5-6 miles from my farm. I'll text you tomorrow.

Here's a few pics I took this weekend during muzzleloader opener, good 2 & 3 yr olds that need more age. I didn't see either of the big boys I have the pics from this summer of, but the season is young & the boys are just now starting to cruise. :cool

This 3yr old 10pt came thru the fog yesterday morn.

Attachments

RedAllison

Sat morn this ol Tom was actually gobbling across the river, I laughed to myself and thought, "Watch this". I yelped a few times with my mouth & SHOOP SHOOP SHOOP here he flew across the river, landing in my oatplot looking for some company! :cuss

Attachments