Redfish

GotMyAlly

Just got back from a redfishing trip in Venice, LA. All I can say is WOW. I'm ready to move south! I could trade in all my bass gear on a flats boat and never hit fresh water again....and I'd be OK with that.

Attachments

greenboat

Took my 2 boys to Charleston SC a few weeks ago for their birthday. Hired a guide and had a ball. They will definitely give you a workout.

K.Kiser

We found them the marshes in the late 1980's and it was like finding the New World that was previously thought to be folklore.. Would mop up on the all day with gold spoons and spinnerbaits.. Fish all weekend and literally never see another boat other than commercial seafood netters.. Thousands upon thousands of acres all to yourself like angling heaven.. Hit the speck trouts on tide out, and it was full blast.. A good weekends would ruin a $47 ambassador Garcia or a cheap quantum of the day.. Reels have come a long way since then but it took an old school ambassador or shimano to survive any repetitive workout of 7-10 lbs'ers

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I'm ready to go back. That spoiled me.

I've done told my fiance that if there is another round of buy-outs offered at work, we're moving to Louisiana to open a fishing outfitter business. LOL

hullbilly

Awesome GMA and Hullbilly!

Been lurking HB?
LOL....funny you ask........actually my first visit in years....naturally gravitated towards the fishing section!!!!!!! I'm way too outspoken and opinionated for the lurking thing....ha ha

Enjoying the new ride I see? Living up to your expectations?

Hope all is well.

Last edited:

Alli-drenaline Rush

LOL....funny you ask........actually my first visit in years....naturally gravitated towards the fishing section!!!!!!! I'm way too outspoken and opinionated for the lurking thing....ha ha

Enjoying the new ride I see? Living up to your expectations?

Hope all is well.
Mark - All is well; thanks for asking! Hope the same for you and the wife! The new ride is 2 years old now..... Running good, but not as much time to get a line wet as I'd like! Am very happy with the 280 on the 21....