Rub Rail

thegoop

I read a suggestion of heating it in water to make it easier to install. Is it one piece that you have to work through the aluminumn track from the transom all the way around to the other side?

h2oskiier30

I read a suggestion of heating it in water to make it easier to install. Is it one piece that you have to work through the aluminumn track from the transom all the way around to the other side?
Pretty sure that it is.

rmills280

I didn't heat mine but I can see how that would make it easier and yes it is one piece 49' for an 03.

fastallison21

I just put mine in today,i let it set out in the sun for a bit,the temp was pretty hot aswell. Went right in without any problem at all

fastallison21

Jon i didn't have to, i just let the sun and heat warm it up,then i found center of the roll of insert,started at the nose and worked it down each side all the way to the jackplate. I think its easier with it being hot outside. Jusy put it in the rail on yhe bottom first,then take ur hand or rubber mallet and tap the top in.

Goffball2002

They come from Allison with the slit in it now. I just put mine on and it was easy! Took some soapy water and sprayed both rubber and the rail and started it on the bottom side and just tapped it in on the top with a rubber mallet. Had it all in in about 10 min.

Jon

Supporting Member
They come from Allison with the slit in it now. I just put mine on and it was easy! Took some soapy water and sprayed both rubber and the rail and started it on the bottom side and just tapped it in on the top with a rubber mallet. Had it all in in about 10 min.
Sold! Will do mine soon.