Russ "62mph" P.

mikesufka

Gang -

Old Russ is now a real Allison driver. He dunked his boat twice over the weekend. What ya think Russ?
His new name is Russ "62 mph" Peterson. Of course, "62" refers to his top speed to date :)

MDS

Last edited:

flying07

haha. . . i have a lot of 'learning' to do .. . . mr. sufka 'i havent' driven on in 5 years' takes the wheel with us both and hits 92, slows down, looks at me and says 'don't worry, it's not the boat ' . . . i guess it is like riding a bike. . . . i'll be on training wheels for a while. . . .but an awesome set of training wheels it is, can't waite till 70 . . haha

Jon

Supporting Member
I love putting 2+2 together when i see a post on FB and figure out who the member is here. Good video you posted. Rock less, drive level more. <- helpful

It is good that you ruled out that your setup isn't totally jacked at least.

patches

One day it'll just come to you and you'll wonder why people have a hard time learning them. I heard it described once very well, "Allison's aren't hard to drive, they're hard to learn to drive"

flying07

Can't wait to get out on the water and burn up another 15 gallons of fuel . . . . :)

xb03fs

Put 24 gallons in the fun lasts longer...it is also possible to burn multiple tanks if the water is right

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Put 24 gallons in the fun lasts longer...it is also possible to burn multiple tanks if the water is right
Try to burn through a tank with an XS motor! I may put the prop on backward and see how that works out.

xb03fs

Don't they burn about the same amount at wot???

racerx

Hey Russ the next time I have to rebuild a fresh motor I will give a holler need slow speeds at low rpm...lol

flying07

Hey Russ the next time I have to rebuild a fresh motor I will give a holler need slow speeds at low rpm...lol
haha. . . . i'll be great for break-ins! hopefully lot more 'seat time' this coming weekend. . . . had sufka not went and hung her out there i could have blamed the boat . . . . guess it's me. . . . i'll be mr '63' in no time! haha

Jon

Supporting Member
Don't they burn about the same amount at wot???
I think the XS motors of my Gen run about 107psi from the pump, and a shade under 100psi from the compressor. You get a very clean charge directly into the cylinder vs the manifold on the EFI, and consequently can produce a lot of power with little fuel. Also, the injectors are orbital injectors instead of basically a spray into the manifold. It's all the little changes which add up to better efficiency. I'll never turn over 7000 RPM's though.

I would like a DFI setup on flat piston motor though.

whipper

haha. . . i have a lot of 'learning' to do .. . . mr. sufka 'i havent' driven on in 5 years' takes the wheel with us both and hits 92, slows down, looks at me and says 'don't worry, it's not the boat ' . . . i guess it is like riding a bike. . . . i'll be on training wheels for a while. . . .but an awesome set of training wheels it is, can't waite till 70 . . haha

haha there is no such thing as 70.;) after 65 its 75 in the blink of an eye then 80 is a good cruise. When at 65 she climbs up on the pad the reduced wetted surface just automaticly shoots you to above 70 before ya look. You can stay there but once you can do that ya may as well giver a couple more bumps because your only going to do that is the water is ripe to do it anyway.:cool:

racerx

Russ is boat ran a best of 106 with a bone stock original 280 at 7800 rpm with a hoss 30 I always wondered if it would of turned more rpm with a higher limiter never got a chance to find out but drove great..

mikesufka

Big Jeff - I agree - Russ's boat ran and handled great. As it sits with current power, I'm thinking 95 mph solo for sure... maybe a little more. Damn that boat felt good.