sad day for allison owners family

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Well RA, ya stole my story about the Iowa trailer exchange. But seriously, Jimxb02 will be missed by EVERYONE that had the pleasure and privilege of knowing him. I got the news two days ago and was on the eve of a trip; therefore haven't posted until now.

In addition to all the kind words said about Jim, I'll add that he, like me, was a California ex-patriate who got FED UP years ago and headed East. We compared stories and he always told me had "never looked back". Well, 6 months or so in Kingston and I have to say +1 Mr. Jim, you were right on.

Rest in Peace, my friend. You will be sorely missed. :very sad

etnprop

Its funny how somebody you might casually meet at a boat rally can make a lasting impression..... we were flying up the river at Clifton a few years ago early in the morning thinking we had the river to ourselves and out of nowhere comes some guy blowing by us wfo like we have an anchor out! We run him down and that was the first time I met Jim. We immediately start talking boats, swapping props, ect and I was taken by his enthusiasm as well as the fact that he drove all the way from Florida by himself just to boat ride a few days. After watching him I realized he ran wide open all the time - that picture is exactly how I remember him....

Jimxb02

Hello there Allison Owners' Family

I finally fired up Jim's computer a few days ago and on his desktop was this Forum and he was still signed on. Today I was able to read all the tributes to him. He certainly loved his time with all of you and looked forward to his 75th in 2015. I only went with him a few times but could see how much he enjoyed people of like mind. He loved his Allison boat and years ago he was always into propellers we used to joke about The Order of the Propeller and I carried a brass one on a key ring. Still have it somewhere.

Monday November 10 I having a memorial Mass for him at 10:00 am EST so wherever you are at that time think of him and he will be there. I am putting the large photo you gave him at the memorial service as he so loved that photo. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He will always be watching all of us I am sure.

You were his family and he loved being with you.

Mary Ann St. Arnaud - Mrs. James St. Arnaud Jimxb02