School me

Wicky

Almost 20 years and my GS is still flying high on the pad with the same ol 97 Promax. Motor has never been opened up and has been flawless. Still rips at 96mph.
Long story short, I fished the FLW series last year and this year and now need a bassboat. Not going to be anything but an Allison. I have no problems fishing off the back of the GS so, stability is not a big deal to me. What are options I should be looking for since I am tourney fishing? Do the livewells work better on one model than another? Is there anything I should pay close attention to buying used? I am leaning towards a xb03 since it is almost the same hull as my GS. Thanks for the insight.
Wicky20170521_174339.jpg

dubmoney

I think it comes down to budget. newer 21xb will have many accommodations that most serious bass fishermen would consider a necessity. The rod storage in the 21 will be way better, and the space for fish finders is much better as well. The dual console provides much better access to the front deck. I have the xbo3 and that would be my biggest complaint is that the access to the front deck is kind of an acrobatic show compared to my brothers Ranger. I chose the xbo3 because I love to run, I wanted a bass boat that would run 100mph, but truth be told, there are not a lot of opportunities to actually run that fast, when fishing is the top priority of the day. I love my xbo3 and doubt I will ever sell it, but if fishing was the focus for the day I would take the xb21 96 out of 100 times. My advice for buying used would be to make sure you check the electrical wiring, just so you know what you are getting into, and be prepared to do a nearly complete rewire, it seems that many of us have done this at some point or another, the electrical system becomes a much bigger part of your day on the water, running trolling motor and electronics, live wells etc.

90 5.0

Xb21 will fish the best, other than that I'd get a 2003.

I fished tournies pretty hard out of my 2003 for a couple years and got a 20' bullet. I know you said nothing but Allison but that's what I did and never regretted it while fishing.

Fun cruising etc I do but that's it.

I am still an Allison owner though just i have an xr2001 to play in and the bullet to fish out of

xb03fs

If you can find xb21 in the budget.... I think Sanderson had a 2003 model year on consignment that would be my choice.

Props for 85 they are very close in acceleration to a xb03/grandsport, propped over 90 I find mine a bit sluggish 250 xs powered

hirk

Xb21 if you dont mind dropping the coin, I fish seriously out of a xb03 with no issues. The deck step and rod box are non issues to me given all the advantages of the boat otherwise.