SDBA Rule Changes in 2007!

Rocket

Theres a few rule changes that I thought ya'll should be aware of......
#1 Ballistic Shorts will be required in SE (11 second boats).
#2 Helmet restraints required in SE (It was a rule in 2006 but now it will be better defined).
Have a safe raceing season!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rocket

Jim is correct!

Page 26 Neck collar> Only in Capsle boats

Plus,,, heres a few more changes>>

Page 39 Throttle> Must be operated by Drivers Foot! No Electronic or delay box's will be allowed. No use of GPS either!

Page 43 Registration> Sportsman, Bracket and PWC are NOT allowed to change boats after qualifing begins!

Page 26 Helmets> Must be Snell 90 or newer.

There are somemore but these are the highlights that pertain to Bracket boats!

FLYING BUTCHER

yes you guys are right! I just sent back the neck collar I bought from Lifeline. As old as I am lucky I could turn the pages of the rule book let alone read it!! Is it race time yet??

Rocket

yes you guys are right! I just sent back the neck collar I bought from Lifeline. As old as I am lucky I could turn the pages of the rule book let alone read it!! Is it race time yet??
Hell I'd of kept it!!!!

I want one myself!!! It's a great way to keep from Bucketing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gasp

Last edited:

badbait

On this subject what was the cost of the neck brace and what helmet is safest? Where to purchase?
Gary I think there are a couple of schools of thought on helmets. I personally wonder if any of them are safe if you don't wear the helmet restraints. The water wants to grab anything that sticks out and if it should grab your helmet you better have restraints on. The collar will also help keep the water from grabbing your helmet. I have seen what can happen when water grabs a helmet at speed.

GFinch

I remember Norscog(sp) developing a non bucketing one years ago for off shore but the APBA? didn't allow it.
A friend that races in Pro Gas started using a Hans(sp) device years ago. He says he wouldn't think of racing without it.
So would the neck brace be suggested to be used only with a helmet or could/would it be used without? You neglected to say approximate cost.

Rocket

I remember Norscog(sp) developing a non bucketing one years ago for off shore but the APBA? didn't allow it.
A friend that races in Pro Gas started using a Hans(sp) device years ago. He says he wouldn't think of racing without it.
So would the neck brace be suggested to be used only with a helmet or could/would it be used without? You neglected to say approximate cost.

Here's tthe website for all the saftey gear you need!!! http://www.lifelinejackets.com/

Now for my $.02.............Helmets should'nt be worn WITHOUT restraints designed for boats! Even with the restraints,,, you got a pretty good chance of bucketing, (but it's the best thing out there for now)...

:relax: Just think of it like this,,,,,,,,, If you had a 1 gallon bucket, and dropped it in the water @ 50 mph,,,,,,,,,How hard would it be to hold on to it?????? Then think about how strong your neck is??? How can we expect our necks to hold a helmet that's strapped to our neck at 100mph or more?

I think the neck collars might help keep the water from grabbing the water and your head! But that's my opinion!!!! :embarassed

Cost of a neck collar is about $50 bucks!
Cost of helmet restraints is about $80. bucks!
Cost of your life????????????????

Proper Restraints>>

While we're on the subject of Fast boat saftey,,, Here's Another needed peace of saftey equipment everyone should use,,, "Ballistic Shorts",,,, Can you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,100 MPH Enema?

Last edited: