setback on xb 2002 for top speed ?

bassracr

just curious how much setback you guys have found works best for top speed numbers, i have a bone stock 225 promax , 10 in set back about 1/4 to 1/8 below the pad. 3 batterys and a troller loaded to fish. last time out 95.7 gps with 29 hoss on the limiter. the boat drives great for the way i use it, and not sure i would change a thing. but i was bored and curious what some of you fellas use for your top speed setups.

Myron

if you are running that good I would leave it alone, when I had my 02 with a 225 promax, I ran 10" s at 1/4 below

bassracr

thanks Myron . as i said, i like the way it drives so well with my current setup I doubt I would change a thing. I am contemplating a deal on a 260 and recently bought an allison adjustable jackplate that would move it out to 12 (if i wanted to) ..and that's why i was curious what some guys are using for top end..anyone else with firsthand experience please chime in :very happy

Darth VMAX

There was an ol boy years ago on Fastbass that was running the same set-up with 18" set-back. He swore by it even though there were many that thought he was nuts LOL.

I thought 10" was for an overall set-up, but if you were after the BIG number that you wanted more. Maybe not???

n66angusbull

You could raise the motor to about 1" to 1.5" above the pad and gain a little speed, hole shot will not be as good and you will hit the limiter quicker. Sounds like you have a good setup now though!

K.Kiser

I would only increase it to 12" if You run most of the time with a tournament load, otherwise I think Your pretty close... Be careful about elevating Your engine to eek the last mph from it, that's how they hook...