Skeg Modifications 2017

XB03AllyProud

msethsmile/ anyone-What years of 200 cases where best? Wasn't there a change in OD at some point in late 80's early 90's? I need to get a small shaft spare at some point down the road and can't remember the OD's and which was the best. Wasn't it 4.5" & 4.75" on the 2 different OD's?

Whitney-FYI my lower(SM) has the Allison mods and may be why I didn't have the handling/ performance issues you are seeing.. Hope you get it figured out soon and get results you want. Resist all you can modifying the lip.

dubmoney

msethsmile, how long are you going to be in portland/Astoria? I would love to take your for a ride/fish, but I don't know if I will have my lower unit back from the shop. My third, one, the one we are discussing, chewed up the gears, and I had send it for a new set. My number is 503-539-3720 call or text anytime.

David chris corr

msethsmile/ anyone-What years of 200 cases where best? Wasn't there a change in OD at some point in late 80's early 90's? I need to get a small shaft spare at some point down the road and can't remember the OD's and which was the best. Wasn't it 4.5" & 4.75" on the 2 different OD's?

Whitney-FYI my lower(SM) has the Allison mods and may be why I didn't have the handling/ performance issues you are seeing.. Hope you get it figured out soon and get results you want. Resist all you can modifying the lip.

the best 200 cases are pre '96 "c" or "c1" , they are large fwd bearing ratcheting cases, i have had good luck with older non preload cases too.

90 5.0

the best 200 cases are pre '96 "c" or "c1" , they are large fwd bearing ratcheting cases, i have had good luck with older non preload cases too.
I have an older(82 or 83) 200 case I can't decide what to do with.

What kind of power were you putting to the older cases, I really didn't want a non ratcheting preload at high mph.

dubmoney

90 5.0 now that I am on my fourth coned 200 case in less than two seasons, I have purchased a Sport Master. Even though some say its 1-3 mph slower. My motor can't be putting out more than 280 hp.

90 5.0

90 5.0 now that I am on my fourth coned 200 case in less than two seasons, I have purchased a Sport Master. Even though some say its 1-3 mph slower. My motor can't be putting out more than 280 hp.
It would not be for use on long runs, I have a great Sport master for that. I race with a coned cle, and we have another boat we put a come on a 91 200 case.

I've got this older case sitting around doing nothing and was thinking about putting a cone on it if it's faster than the coned cle but less durable.