Spinelli Prop question

white03

Hey guys,

Just as info, I tried a Spinelli DH4 in 28 pitch on my XB2003 and it ran great. Just kind of wondering if anyone has run a Spinelli before and if so what kind of durability do they have???

I don't want to buy the prop if I am going to have problems and it seems I recall posts about Spinelli's throwing blades because they are thinner than other props...any truth in this?

As I realize it depends on your setup and how you use the prop, here's my basic setup....1997 225 promax (heads shaved a little by Jay, sport jet reed cages, SVS, and about to put a PCU on it, LU is a sportmaster with 1.68 gears): and I use my boat 95% of the time for fishing with say a medium load.

Thanx for your help and advice guys.>>!!! :)

Bill

WT

SPINELLI

THERE GOOD PROPS I GOT ONE THAT CAME ON MY BOAT A 14.5 X 29 DR4. THIS PROP WAS LIKE A ROCKET I WISH I COULD STILL USE IT. IT IS A SMALL SHAFT PROP AND NOW I GOT A FAT SHATF LOWER UNIT. I RUN SOME SHALLOW GROUND (SAND) AND DAMAGED THE PROP ITS IN THE SHOP NOW GETTING REPAIRED. I WILL PROBABLY SELL IT PRETY CHEAP IF YOU WANT IT. THE CUTTING EDGES HAD TO GET REPAIRED FROM SCRAPPING THE SAND BAR.

Lotus 50

I ran a 30 Spinelli DR4 a lot the first year I had my Allison. At first it was far easier to drive than my 3 blades. Now I have a faster prop, and I'm better at driving, so I sold it. No problems ever.

lundy02

I just got a 28 pitch 3 blade spinelli for my XB02 it ran 102 1 minute after i put it on. with some time on it i am shure it will go faster. it is not a blow over prop like some people say. i had to trim it more than my hoss to get it to fly . it pulled out of the hole good and ran good top end.about 8000 rpm . my case is even with the pad stock 260.

Lotus 50

My fastest prop now is a 28 small ear chopper with some mysterious rework to it. The seller told me it was a 30, and it has 30 hand scribed on it. But it also has 28 stamped in the hub. This prop accelerates almost as well as my 26 Hoss Hyperdrive, and is 6 mph faster with me behind the wheel. Your results may vary.

Its a funny world. Did I get what I paid for? Not exactly. Does it work? Yes.