sportmaster vs. 200 coned

lott614

Has anyone tested how much difference (speed and Time trials) between a coned 200 case and a alliy mod sportmaster? I was thinking about getting a sportmaster and having it modified for my xr2001. I run SDBA 10 seconds in the 1/4. So I'm not worried about getting every ounce of speed out of it. I just need it to be consistent and handle good. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Donnie

lott614

I have also read that titus installs his nose cone 3/16" above the center line. Glen Reynolds says that the cone should be 3/16" below the center line (for a XR2001). So what is the best solution? I'cant afford 2 or three different version's.

Thanks
Donnie

h2oskiier30

I have also read that titus installs his nose cone 3/16" above the center line.
I can't say for 100% sure, but I do not believe this information to be correct. My understanding is that FOR ALLISONS, Titus installs below the center line also.

Allyfishing

this is good....keep it going. I don't race and am an Allison newbie, but I have been round and round with this question before and spent too much time questioning everyone about coning a 200 case. I have been told not to if it does not have HD internals and running above the pad surfacing a chopper. That is why I decided to buy a whole new Promax with a sportmaster blueprinted for an Allison. :banghead :big grin

whipper

There has been threads on this subject. I believe the fastest case is the primered coned 200 wet sanded with black emery cloth. That can yield as much as 2/10ths off the quarter when not smooth.

lott614

Thanks for the info. The reason I brought this up is because I think that alot of my problem is in my case. I measured my cone and it is 3/16" above the centerline. I bought this off SNF not knowing what I should be looking for. So I was thinking about getting another case. Just wanted to get the right one this time.

Thanks
Donnie

Allyfishing

Whipper...I like to browse all the different rigs on the allisonowers start up page and I came across a GS and it looked like yours. And what do ya know when I got to the bottom of your comments it was from none other than someone from Prince George B.C. Great photos and descriptions!! :at the bar

Jimxb02

Get the coned 200.

The point of the cone should be below the center line of the prop shaft.

Tell whoever does the work that it is for an Allison.

Jim

jay j

I have a friend with a grandsport/200efi combo that had a bobs nose on it. was probably the best driving grandsport that i have been in. spun the carrier went to stock sporty
and changed everything, hard to hold on the pad, but with weight in it it does fine.
had triad v bottom with a 200 pro max with no limiter, a cle worked by tuckers landing consistentlt ran 92-93 mph. had a bearing failure went to a stock sportyand lost 4mph
had hydraulic plate and never go the mph back, but a good worked sporty can be the
world. laer jay