Spotted Sea Trout

M-Wiggy

Excellent !!!!!! My wife and I caught a load from the St Johns River a while back, Filet them, dip in Corn meal with a lil bit of flour, salt pepper, and Garlic, then fry in peanut oil...Wonderful

GotMyAlly

Cool. I'm going redfishing this weekend. Once we have a limit of reds in the boat, we're going to chase some trout. Hoping to bring home a cooler full for the grill.

Allyfishing

Neal, everytime my wife and I go to the Keys we look to get into some "weakies" or sea trout. some of the best dang eating fish on the planet. Very mild whitew meat that can be grilled or steamed or broiled or whatever.

My best meal was a day after fishing out of Islamorada and the marina we went out of cleaned and cooked your catch and it was the best danged fish I ever ate!!! Of course we must have drank a case of beer between us til we got around to eating so just about anything at that point would have tasted good i suppose!!!!!

FlatOutAlly

It's cold here and I'm hungry. So I'm bringing this back up.

Speaking of Redfish, I used to frequent a place on the Santa Cruz wharf called Riva's (I know I know. But these were work trips) that had a redfish pasta dish that I couldn't find reason not to order. Incredible fish. I think I ordered it four days straight once. Nearly as good as fresh 'Eyes.

GotMyAlly

We only brought back enough trout from Venice for one big family meal, but they were fantastic. I'd like to spend a day filling the ice box with those on my next trip.

But I've had redfish cooked about 5 different ways since then and it is almost as good. It's hard to be grilled on the half shell!