Stainless Marine Trim Indicator Grand Sport

ROBERT CROSS

Thanks Guy's......GS#1 was the first boat I had with the turn signal trim switches. When I realized that the shifter trim buttons were still operational and I was contemplating the start in gear mod it just made sense to me to use the switched power that was already there to engage the starter.

Photo's WILL be posted ASAP!!!:LMAO:

DSC00240.JPG

On GS #2.....remove drivers cup holder.

Red wire.....power for the shifter trim buttons
Green/wht & blu/white up & down.
Yellow/red neutral safety wire & power wire to the starter solenoid. Look behind the bulkhead, these wires come out the rear of the shifter assembly.

Use a test light to determine which yellow/red wire goes to the starter solenoid.....cut & splice both wires from the trim buttons into that wire. I used a wire nut and sealed it with 3m 5200 quick cure.

Now you can start in neutral with the key and in gear with the trim switches.

Last edited:

flying07

Trim indicator looks great! Can i ask, was the install fairly easy? About how long did it take?

RiverRat71

Trim indicator looks great! Can i ask, was the install fairly easy? About how long did it take?
Thanks! Yes the install was easy. Took me 3-4 hours total, taking my time & enjoying a few brews as I went. :DI measured for the cable one weekend, ordered the unit on Monday & did the install that next Saturday. After working on pwc's this boat is a piece of cake! RR

whipper

Yes i love the look and install also. Great spot for it in the center like that! I did the start in gear mod and its nice. I dont use it much but some times it just makes sense.