Starting Point xb2003 pad height

xb03fs

Going to be going out for the second time. This weekend.
Going to be somewhat heavy possibly a guy from work coming with me so two 200 ish up front
26P Hydromitive OT
200 case with Bobs cone

1/2 under good for newbie. Motor has about 2.5 hours of run time so I should be able to start putting my foot in it a little more. So I want to start at a better setup now that the standard case has been ditched..

xb03fs

Think I will be happy to hit 70 this time out. Going run with Boater77777 he just got his new LCB so he might hop in and give me some pointers. also

hullbilly

Mine ran real nice at even with the pad. Is this a side-steer boat? How much do you weigh?

If your weights are comparable, have your buddy sit on the passenger side of the back seat. Should run pretty good like that.

It's pretty easy to tell when they're not balanced properly. Be carefull and just take it slow while your learning the boat. It's neat as heck when you get it!

xb03fs

I am 205 ish he is probably closer to 230ish So your saying don't let him sit up front

xb03fs

Second trip out, first with a lwp gearcase, definatly not going to be pushing it too much. Motor still in breakin on 1 hour in the mech test tank and 2.5 hours of lake time by me definatly not going to be pushing it for more than a few seconds at a time.

bigtis

Second trip out, first with a lwp gearcase, definatly not going to be pushing it too much. Motor still in breakin on 1 hour in the mech test tank and 2.5 hours of lake time by me definatly not going to be pushing it for more than a few seconds at a time.
If you ran it in properfly, it's broke in. I normally run 10-12gallons at most before I start twisting it 9K+.. You just gotta make sure you get the heat up in the engine so everything seats well. I like to leave the engine tucked under all the way, and vary RPM the entire time from 2800-4500 RPM. sometimes closer. keeping it at one Rpm for small periods of time before changine rpm.

xb03fs

Well then it should be pretty much good to go thats how I ran it. Trimmed down most of the time, longer warmup period than normal, And not past 4500 RPMS