Stereo install, cut no holes for speakers

FloridaGS

Here again trying to make life better on the water. There was no stereo in the gse when I got it and the thought of cutting the glass was killing me...so I installed floor flanges and a 2 inch pvc pipe between the support pillar in the bow and hung 2 6x9s and 2 6.5s wake tower speakers from it...ran all power on the port side back to the bluetooth amp and power...that right no stereo deck, The amp picks up bluetooth from my phone, and the amp is 1000 watts and less than a stereo at 150$...also that means no glass cuts for the head unit...beer me please:::the amp in the back is also running the sub too...that is the big black box in the compartment.

Attachments

Dondante

Here again trying to make life better on the water. There was no stereo in the gse when I got it and the thought of cutting the glass was killing me...so I installed floor flanges and a 2 inch pvc pipe between the support pillar in the bow and hung 2 6x9s and 2 6.5s wake tower speakers from it...ran all power on the port side back to the bluetooth amp and power...that right no stereo deck, The amp picks up bluetooth from my phone, and the amp is 1000 watts and less than a stereo at 150$...also that means no glass cuts for the head unit...beer me please:::the amp in the back is also running the sub too...that is the big black box in the compartment.

I have been trying to figure out how to mount with no holes.. i Like IT!!! How much were the speakers and what size?

FloridaGS

Good morning, thank you, glad someone is getting some value from the post.
Here's more details...bought the following from amazon....

2 Boss Audio mrtw69 81$ each - the center two...
2 Boss Audio mrtw6b 119 each -the outer two
1 rockford fosgate p300-12 189$
1 Stealth st4 1000db bluetooth amp 189$
1 5foot piece of 2 inch of outer diameter pvc home depot
2 pvc ends that convert to threads which screw into the flanges home depot
2 floor flanges 15$each home depot

Remember to account for the fact that the pvc pipe will go into the ends when you measure for the pipe cut...messed that up, and had to use another...also I measured the ends with the flanoes screwed in all the way, then cot the pvc pipe at a length that the overall was a quarter inch smaller than the span, then backed the flanges out to get a tight fit. Marked the holes, drilled then fastened with stainless.

Then for the sub, I moved the cooler tray to starboard, and used a 3 inch by 18 inch industrial velcro to attach it into the port compartment...never moved once yet, but you can pull it out...and by the way I used the velcro too on the cooler tray..never moved yet this season.

Let me know if more info is needed. Thx

harrells

Look up the ION Road Warrior blue tooth box, all that in one and sounds great. have one up under the deck of my GS. And it's portable.

FloridaGS

Yep, there are really good portable solutions for sure...I have a Bluetooth speaker too, that we take to the beach...got to have one.

FlatOutAlly

Any idea how much all this weighs? Is it all in the bow?

FloridaGS

Thanks.
The four speakers and the pvc pipe and flanges are in the bow as shown in the picture...weight would be about 30 to 35 pounds. The sub is about 30 pounds, and the amp is 1 pound. Those are in the rear port compartment. Plus I did add a second battery...check my post on that project.

80sDude

Good morning, thank you, glad someone is getting some value from the post.
Here's more details...bought the following from amazon....

Remember to account for the fact that the pvc pipe will go into the ends when you measure for the pipe cut...messed that up, and had to use another...also I measured the ends with the flanoes screwed in all the way, then cot the pvc pipe at a length that the overall was a quarter inch smaller than the span, then backed the flanges out to get a tight fit. Marked the holes, drilled then fastened with stainless.

Then for the sub, I moved the cooler tray to starboard, and used a 3 inch by 18 inch industrial velcro to attach it into the port compartment...never moved once yet, but you can pull it out...and by the way I used the velcro too on the cooler tray..never moved yet this season.

Let me know if more info is needed. Thx
Very clean looking

FloridaGS

Thank you very much. If there is any other details I can provide let me know.
I did take the opportunity when I did the install of the stereo to upgrade the electrical to two batteries and a house and start circuit.....with a automatic relay switch between...I did a separate posting for that project, and that is what really cleaned up the wiring for the stereo install, gave it its own dedicated battery, and the auto switch saves the start battery in case we play the stereo too long.