The Old Allison is Speaking on Pickwick A

SmallJaw

I won 1st place for the 2nd wildcat in a row, and no worse than 2nd in the last 11 tournaments. I have to admit it is pretty sweet dragging a good bag of fish out of that Bassport to the chagrin of a lot of.....let's say, other fast boat owners presence. LOL. Last night I had to fish alone due to a late change in my buddy's schedule. Winning the T and also winning big smallmouth was pretty sweet. Fishing was so good last night that after the T'ment I went back out and fished for a few hours longer. Best 5 smallmouth last night broke the 20 pound mark for the 1st time this year. Did'n't have 20+ in the tournament, just on the night. I'm doing my part in representing us Allison guys well!:punch:very happy

The Cashew Kid

Dangit son! I'm going tomorrow and staying til Sunday. Will be hittin it Saturday night. Hope I catch some like the last time I went at night! You done good for all us A owners! Tomorrow will the first time to fish out of my new 03.

SmallJaw

Dangit son! I'm going tomorrow and staying til Sunday. Will be hittin it Saturday night. Hope I catch some like the last time I went at night! You done good for all us A owners! Tomorrow will the first time to fish out of my new 03.
Cuz I hope you kill'em as you break that baby in. I gone win #3 in a row tonight with 17.4, and I had a 6.4 lb kicker. Was pretty sweet considering I lost a really nice fish at the net. I was sure that fish was gonna come back and haunt me but it didn't.:wink:very happy

SmallJaw

Congrats Smalljaw! Gotta get back down to Pickwick soon!
I don't know that you can say it is red hot right now because the weights at the tourney's are not real impressive overall, but for us right now we are dialed in to a pattern than has held up far longer than I thought it would which is why we have been consistently near the top of the winner's circle. It will play out one day soon enough and we'll have to regroup and find some more fish.:smile

JWW8

The top water action is starting to pick up on Wheeler. Caught a few and had a lot of blowups in the lily pad fields this weekend.

GotMyAlly

I think the grass is stunted this year on pickwick.....that's what I attribute the low tourney weights to anyway. I was catching more a few weeks ago when it was hot. The cool front has made it tough for me. Of course, I'm fishing the opposite end of the lake from you too so I'm sure the grass could be a completely different ball game on that end.

Darth VMAX

I won 1st place for the 2nd wildcat in a row, and no worse than 2nd in the last 11 tournaments. I have to admit it is pretty sweet dragging a good bag of fish out of that Bassport to the chagrin of a lot of.....let's say, other fast boat owners presence. LOL. Last night I had to fish alone due to a late change in my buddy's schedule. Winning the T and also winning big smallmouth was pretty sweet. Fishing was so good last night that after the T'ment I went back out and fished for a few hours longer. Best 5 smallmouth last night broke the 20 pound mark for the 1st time this year. Did'n't have 20+ in the tournament, just on the night. I'm doing my part in representing us Allison guys well!:punch:very happy
Proud of you! Keep representing!

SmallJaw

Proud of you! Keep representing!
Thanks. I am going down after lunch Friday and I'm gonna spend a lot of time cranking deep to see if there are any strays along the ledges that can be picked up in the 2 hours or so before dark. I got on that kind of pattern once and could get close to 20 pounds just about any day I went out this time of year. The erosion and river changes since then makes it totally different fishing. The pattern should be there though.....somewhere anyway.:confused