This is the best thing I've added to my Allison

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Out of all the things to do to these boats, this is the one I like the most. Put it on last year. I was out on a long weekend, just got home, and it was so nice to have this up and everybody be able to get out of the sun. I was able to cruise up to about 50 comfortably. 60 was too fast, lol! Just thought I'd share.

Brian

whipper

Nice top. Theres been days I wish I was out of the sun when its well over 100f!

The best thing I added was a rod holder for the GS. I made this at work one night it works awsome. I use the old stock ski pylon because its to short for anything else but attachments.

Allyfishing

The full rig cover looks to be ideal if indoor storage is unavailable. I really like that.

How some details on the sunbrella cover silverbullet02. I see it is the 4 bar support. what is the length and the height? I contemplated that last year but forgot all about it till I saw yours. Nice thing to have to go to a rally in the south. Up here it is not as hot.

Allyfishing

It does go indoors for the winter.
The biggest reason for it during the Season....bird crap, I hate bird crap, and prying eyes, what they can't see can't hurt 'em.
Yeah, ya know I was thinking it to be ideal in-season protection as well. Keeps the elements off AND like you mentioned "nosy, prying eyes" away.

Alli-drenaline Rush

I'm waiting for someone to write "went from [Yammie or OMCeize] to Merc 2.5." Best dang thing I ever did! LOL!

Allyfishing

Richard, what do you have on your Ranger..a 2.5?? I know you bought a 260 or 280 (I forget) and have it crated up.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Richard, what do you have on your Ranger..a 2.5?? I know you bought a 260 or 280 (I forget) and have it crated up.
Hey Craig - I have a 250XS on the Ranger..... probably better to have a 3L motor on that heavy platform....

Here's a pic of my baby girl! Getting closer by the day to hooking her up to an Ally!

Garry Hagins

Out of all the things to do to these boats, this is the one I like the most. Put it on last year. I was out on a long weekend, just got home, and it was so nice to have this up and everybody be able to get out of the sun. I was able to cruise up to about 50 comfortably. 60 was too fast, lol! Just thought I'd share.

Brian

Where was that picture taken of your boat Silver Bullet?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he got the bimini from Overtons. I'll let him know you guys are curious.
It is easy to order. Just measure how wide the boat is where you want to mount it and the figure out how tall you want it to be from where it mounts.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pictures were taken at Steamboat Rock state park on Banks Lake in Washington.

I ordered it from Overtons but I forget the dimensions on it.

Jr in Jax

I checked with a couple of Custom shops about a Bimini Top but they all said the boat was too fast for them to take the liability for installing a top. I have an 8' royal blue [matches my boat's trim] umbrellea that I plug into the ski pylon hole. It gives shade to the rear seat and sundeck pad.