Trail camera

Dave Hensley

I have a Wildgame Innovations camera that I have had about 4 years. Takes good pictures but the shortest delay time when it is activated is 15 seconds. Way too long for coyotes which is the target. Anyone have any feedback on a reasonably priced unit with better delay selection?? Would like capability of stills and video.

RedAllison

Dave, between last Aug & Oct I bought 8 Wildgame Innov cams. (4 Cloak 6 Blackouts & 4 Cloak 7 Blackouts, I'm a firm believer in the black flash cams) The vast majority of pics I've posted here since last summer were taken by them. The only other cams I have are a couple of Bushnell Trophy Cams (black flash, appx 3yrs old) that have ended up being crap & I won't own anymore Trophycams from now on. The WGI cams aren't adjustable but they certainly seem to work quick, I've got pics of birds, squirrels & even rising water. The Trophycams are trigger adjustable but they are very complicated to setup when compared to the WGIs "set it & forget it". Both are video capable but I've never used either for that.

For trigger speed, especially followups pics, I've always been told that Cuddebacks & Reconyx are the preferred cams. The mid & upper end Multries are also touted for their trigger speed. I've not used them but I think WGI has a new "360 cam" that takes pics all around as the name suggests, that might cover more ground for you?

Dave Hensley

Red I was looking at the Browning Sub micro 10 x. It has good reviews. .7 second trigger time and pretty decent recovery speed at 1.6. Kind of a narrow field of view at 42 degrees. I will look at those you mentioned. My WGI is just an older model. I do have a new external battery pack for it which would be a plus to stay with that brand. I have left two gut piles from field dressing deer and both have been cleaned up without one pic of the coyotes. What I would really like is real time video fed to my house so when they come to the feeding area I could pop them from the backyard with my NV scope. Looks like 1 sec trigger on the Cloak 7's and the price is really nice!! Thanks for the reply on the thread. I want to bust these coyotes around here bad....they got my little female Plott and I have been trying to deal some payback on them with no luck...yet.

RedAllison

Bushnell makes a cam that sends pics instantly via cell service. That could be a good alarm clock for you when Wiley & his buds come calling in the middle of the night. I've never used them but my brother-in-law uses one & really likes it. (I'm afraid to get one, talk about "mental meth"! My wife complains enough about my obsession with me "running my cams". If I had something cellular, I'd be a recluse locked away with my iPad.)

Dave Hensley

I have remote vid cams but my "Killing Field " is out of range for my wifi. I think a farm wide net is in order. Wiley is going to feel the pinch very soon. The yotes move in and out really fast. I have set up on them several times with a call, red light and NV but have yet to bust one. It's coming......vewy, vewy soon.