WAR 2017

Jon

Supporting Member
Gary, get that "Sack O Cats" back togeather and who is going to Start the WAR 2017 Thread. What are the dates? I gotta give those Stokers a run for thier money this year, all I got to do is make Julie ride with them lol.
dubmoney, here you go.

Jon

Supporting Member
I don't know about that. Gotta watch you Canadian yankees real close.

Jon

Supporting Member
You know, Lou and I both were out there when Shasta was low a couple of years ago. If I can work it out, I'll be there - although it'll be without a boat as I'm not dragging that thing from TN!

fastglass1

If we are going to do Shasta again, we will need to contact Salt Creek. I like Shasta but might be up for another long trip to the Delta if that makes it easier to get more guys to show. It was a blast the last time I was at the Delta. Great runs each day and some pretty good fishing.

dubmoney

It sounded like Lars, and George were excited to have it in the Delta. Doesn't really matter to me, its a bit further, but it would be worth it to catch some large mouth. How long should we wait before we get on the phone with Donny, Lars, and George. It looks like Mike checks in here about once a week or so.

fastglass1

I pulled to the Delta once back when gas was $4.00/gal. Expensive!!! The drive took about 11 hours. If we go to the Delta this year, I'll probably stop at Shasta for a couple of day. Catching those spots are just to much fun to pass up.

West Coast Bull

Whitney
you should call Lars, but to talk to Donny you may need to buy him a glass of wine.
George said his boat was not working and needed to take it to the shop.
Looks like Shasta is going to have more then enough water this year.

NorCAlly

At last year’s Shasta Lake WAR, after a couple Donny margaritas, I made promises to some folks about coordinating WAR 2017 in the California Delta, where big bass live in a domesticated marsh with 700 miles of water ways. Lots of open water for fast boating and never ending haunts for trophy bass. So I stopped in at B&W Resort and worked with Candy to block off 14 rooms for May 15th – 21st. B&W has accommodations, BBQ pits, a store with tap beer and a pool table, docks, launch ramp and fuel. For those that would like to bring their RV, the KOA at Tower Park Resort is now Jelleystone Park, which has cabin, camping and RV accommodations. There’s about 7 miles between the two resorts, which would be about 7 minutes by truck and 4 minutes by Allison. Strokers and Bullets may take a little longer being as big and heavy as they are with all that pretty shiny metal flake. :D

Those rooms are first come first served and will go fast, so call Candy at 916-777-6161 to make your deposit at B&W Resort.

Attachments

Last edited:

West Coast Bull

image.jpeg Thanks George. It all on you to get 20 boats to show up. ( JK) I guess a can show you guys and gals how to catch some big fish( see image). B&W is a great place for a rally. Can someone park a RV in the back?

dubmoney

Nice Fish Mike! Georege, your plan sounds really good! I will call and make my Reservation this week, I hope everyone else can commit.

SLOmofo

At last year’s Shasta Lake WAR, after a couple Donny margaritas, I made promises to some folks about coordinating WAR 2017 in the California Delta, where big bass live in a domesticated marsh with 700 miles of water ways. Lots of open water for fast boating and never ending haunts for trophy bass. So I stopped in at B&W Resort and worked with Candy to block off 14 rooms for May 15th – 21st. B&W has accommodations, BBQ pits, a store with tap beer and a pool table, docks, launch ramp and fuel. For those that would like to bring their RV, the KOA at Tower Park Resort is now Jelleystone Park, which has cabin, camping and RV accommodations. There’s about 7 miles between the two resorts, which would be about 7 minutes by truck and 4 minutes by Allison. Strokers and Bullets may take a little longer being as big and heavy as they are with all that pretty shiny metal flake. :D

Those rooms are first come first served and will go fast, so call Candy at 916-777-6161 to make your deposit at B&W Resort.
Why don't I remember Donny's Margaritas last year?

fastglass1

Just got my vacation approved but it the last week of March and the first 2 week of April. I still think I can make it for at least Thursday thru Saturday but want to give it a few weeks before I put in for it.

mmalinao

I'm so pumped it's at the Delta this year and I can make it. I'm the rookie of the group and would love to learn from you guys! I'll be there Friday-Sunday. Thank you George for shooting me the text this morning as I would have probably missed it.