What size batteries..?

K.Kiser

This for an 80 lbs. thrust Minn Kota 24 volt... I'm not interested in a super high $$ pair of batts, just would like to know what size do I need for a solid replacement... Thanks..

resqu-u

I have 2 group 27 interstates. I thought on it for 2 weeks thinking about going with optima but I don't have an on board charger and after all of the charging issues decided on the "states". I like them and they pull my 03 with the 56lb johnson troller all day in the river current.

SLOmofo

If you fish 24s will be fine. If you tournament fish 27s or 29s. Tournament fishing isn't for fun and $$$ is on the line so you must have staying power for the entire tournament.
As with any battery's, get a charger designed for the type battery your going to use and charge them fully as soon as possible. I push the boat in the garage and hook the battery charger up, then get a beer!
I've use Delco for years. The worst things for battery's are not fully charging them, over charging them, drawing them down to far, parasitic draw and leaving them undercharged .

K.Kiser

We've (family) been bass fishing for 40 years and always try to keep them charged, but the last set of t-motor batteries were $100 a piece and lasted less than 3 years... That's the shortest lifespan so far, and I was just wondering if they were sized correctly for this size t-motor... Thanks guy's, I'll start looking...