What to Expect t-4x

Radio Flyer

Probationary User
I wondering what I should be expecting from a prop I bought. It's a 28Hydromotive t-4x. I read on another board they are more susceptible to blow out than the OT when attached to an 03 hull. Anybody have any experience with them on a 03GS with a 225PM?

LAAllison

I'd be curious to know, myself. I seem to remember that xs03mich had a 27 t-4x that he liked a lot. Don't know how much different a 28 would be.

Art

Roll Tide

citabriatom

I am on the fence as to whether I should go with the t-4x or the quad iv ot for my GS.Any more thoughts would be appreciated.

RedAllison

You guys best bet would be to call the folks that make em, call Thom or Todd they'd be happy to talk to you. They likewise HAVE a GS with a BADAZZ 260 Mr. Thom built. I drove the boat Saturday, between 6K and 8K it's a BEAST and the GS was VERY easy to drive. I want to say Todd normally uses a T3X on his boat. The boat drove VERY easy, alot of stern lift and it ran VERY flat and steering inputs were minimal. I don't know what I liked the most, the PIN YOU BACK acceleration of "the family truckster" or hearing that 2.5 HOWL like it had a nitro button when I stomped it from 6K+... :beer:

Good luck,
RA

citabriatom

I talked to Todd yesterday afternoon...what a nice person.He took a lot of time asking about how the boat was set up,what I wanted out of it, and what I needed to do to get there.I learned a LOT!Not only that,but it was fun just BS'ing about GS's.I'll let ya know how the Quad 4 OT works out.

whipper

Id like to know how that turns out also. I find the 28 in a 4 blade is the best of both worlds for my GS with the 225PM. Id like to try a 30 in a 4 blade one day also just to see how far off it is from the chopper11 on top. I use a 28 for tubing and skiing but to be honest a 26 would be best for that. I just hate being cought with to low a pitch on when some one wants to try and run with me when the kids on on the shore. The 28 makes apre skiing still competitive with that extra 5-7 MPH on top. Todd had a 225 on his GS before the 260 so he knows whats best for our set ups.

Last edited:

citabriatom

Got to try it out yesterday afternoon and am very pleased.Hands down,it is the best prop I have.It is a LOT better in rough water;very confidence inspiring.I'm having work done to my lower unit and am using a borrowed one which has a higher gear ratio.Even with that,the acceleration and holeshot were good.The motor wouldn't come close to redline because of the gearing but still ran over 80MPH with a full tank,loads of junk,and two people who could stand to miss a meal or two.Torque steer was lessened(but not as much as I had hoped for).All in all,a great prop.

brotherxb03

I had a T4X 26p I bought and ran it one time on my XB 2003 bat turned it at 75,took it off and traded it for a 27 tempest. I think the Hydromotive over the hub prop is better. I think it would work better on a lighter boat than an 03.

Last edited: