What's your preference on life jackets?

hotshaft

That would make one nice fishing buddy!!!!!:gone fishing:very happy

strip

I have an SRP and Like it. As far as floating face up, All of the flotation is in the front of the vest so theoretically you should float face up. But noone can guarantee that because there are too many factors that would come into play that might prevent any jacket from righting itself. Such as...with a head injury your body is nearly as likely to go rigid as it is to go limp and the position of your arms and legs will factor in.

J

John Richied

I have an SRP and Like it. As far as floating face up, All of the flotation is in the front of the vest so theoretically you should float face up. But noone can guarantee that because there are too many factors that would come into play that might prevent any jacket from righting itself. Such as...with a head injury your body is nearly as likely to go rigid as it is to go limp and the position of your arms and legs will factor in.
I would think that should be pretty simple to test

K.Kiser

I haven't tried an SRP, but I'd expect them to be a nice lake vest... I ride with Lifeline 170, and while it isn't very comfortable on hot days it's one of the few things that I'm confident will do it's job well if called upon... I used to have an ol' "beater" Lifeline 170 that was too small and had a 4" zipper extension... I got curious and put it too the test in My Parent's swimming pool one day for about 20 minutes... I positioned My body in every conceivable position that I cold think of from upside down, face down, sideways in a ball, in a rigid cross, etc. and everything in between several times... I rolled Me face up absolutely every single time, without fail... No one wants to be unconcious in the water and the longer that's the case the worse... As important as the very best jacket is a second boat to close the gap... I trust My jacket for the exact amount of time that it takes My resue boat to drag Me out of the drink...

BigCountryx

Now, I know these Allison Life Jackets aren't racing jackets, but was thinking about getting a couple for cruising, not much info on them on the website, but do they have leg straps? What brand are they? Decent?

Mad_At_M

I dont run the numbers you guys run but I like this for a good USCG approved Class III vest w/leg straps. Very comfortable with good straps and support, it aint no lifeline but a good bang for your buck jacket.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_73752_225017000_225000000_225017000_225-17-0

I picked up two of these tonight. Very comfortable and well worth the $50 sale price. Comes with leggings. I hope I am well endowed enough stay upright in the water. Jacket does not have BPS on it other than the X.........sure would like to scrape off that x cuz I cannot stand going to BPS.

I don't have enough seat time to break 80 yet but I am close. When I do maybe I will get a gofast jacket.