Wisconsin wins Northern Divisional!!!

jimmyb

I just got back from fishing for a week in Vermilion, OH.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/federation/news/story?page=b_tourn_federation_Northern_divisional_day3

I was proud to weigh a limit of fish everyday (only 3 other anglers did this during the tournament). Unfortunately my individual weight only got me 4th place in my state (so my road to the classic ends for this year. However, I am on the state team for 2008 and the divisionals are on my home waters, so i have high hopes for 2008!) However, i was able to contribute to the state team so we could win a new boat!

Anyhow, I dont know how many of you guys care about the Federation Nation stuff, but I can say it is quite awesome to be a part of it. It was great to have Ray Scott there to MC the tournament. I used to be sort of a naysayer on the federation stuff (prefering to just fish money tournaments), but after participating, my opinion has certainly changed. I was only 10# and a tournament away from the classic, so the ultimate tournament in bass fishing seems obtainable!

here's me with some nice SMB:

me and my girls (who came with me for the week)

me and my beautiful wife:

RedAllison

Jimmybro I only got one thing to say to ya:

THANK GOD your daughters look like your wife!!! You gettin as fugly as Ike. :laughing:beer:

Naw, seriously man SUPER CONGRATS. I'm proud of ya. (But WTF is up wit dat Triton shirt? Where wuz da Bullet? lol j/k I know, gotta play da monkey for the dogNpony show!) I like the Federation plans as well. I'm kinda torqued my club chose to go with the FLW instead of BASS after that blowup lastyear but wth, maybe I'll end up in the FLW classic as well. :cuss:laughing I should make the state for 08 but who knows from there.

You're EXACTLY right, much more structured and fun way to go tournament fishing than the local "pick your cheater" $$$ tourneys that don't mean a thing and has everyone acting like enemies!!!

Congrats again,
RA

badbait

Congrats Jimmy, way to go, glad to see you can catch fish out of a Bullet. Or did you actually fish out of a Triton for this tournament.

jimmyb

as state team members we gotta sign contracts and agree to wear the clothing that we are given... triton and mercury are obviously big sponsors, so we gotta pay our dues.

I actually fished this tournament as a non-boater... i qualified 10th on our team last year (however i qualified #1 for the 2008 team!), so that meant i was a non-boat.

It was a great experience!

and speedy, i still own an allison and am an allison man at heart... :p

John S

Congrats JimmyB! If you can sneak in an allison sticker on your boat or shirt next time, all will be forgiven! Maybe just put a little one on your fishkin pole.

Speedman

Get an Allison Tatoo! and they can't take that away from you! Congrats and good luck! I would have been making Triton jokes on stage like " How come we have to wear Snot rags on stage?" or My Ally goes faster in Reverse than the T-boats forward that we are stuck in". SO where and when next? Nationals? then the classic??