Xb 2002 battery boxes

David B

Right now my 2 batteries r in front of my gas tank i want to move them to the holes in back of the wings. How long of screws do I need to screw down the battery trays. Don't want to screw threw the bottom of the boat. Thanks

jaybluez

I'd assume 1/2" would be sufficient depending on the thickness of the battery box. You can take a 1/16" drill bit and drill through the bottom of the storage compartment, once you break through take the drill bit out of the Chuck and push it with your hand until it bottoms out. That's how I gauged my seat bracket depth on my xb02 when I added a base plate for the passenger seat.

David B

That's a good idea. Thanks. I keep thinking back years ago when my brother screwed through the bottom of his vector

jaybluez

LOL...i understand. Surely don't want to make that mistake again.

If I remember right the compartment floor shouldn't be any thicker than 1/4", Mark your drill bit say 3/8" deep. If it doesn't punch through the floor by that mark I'd proceed with extreme caution or call that your absolute max depth and find a screw that will not exceed the total measurement of the battery box thickness+drill bit depth

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
What will you gain moving the batteries? Mine are in front of the gas tank. I figured it was best to keep the weight centered instead of out in the wings where it could have more momentum when it starts moving.

David B

I want to put a larger fuel tank. Mine only holds 20 gallons. We do a lot of running and I will not refuel on the river and I hate to carry fuel cans