XB2003 and 280 owners

white03

I did a search and came up with a few options and comments, but it was also a little cornfusing..:) so I figuired I would ask as it specifically related to my setup.

If you have an XB2003 with a 20" 280 and a fat shaft, please tell me what prop you are running. I use my Alli to fish and am not interested in racing, so I am looking for fishing props that will do it all (aren't we all): get out of the hole like a scalded cat, carry a load and still blow by the other boyz on top end. ...:)

Thanx guys

Bill

Myron

if you fish in grass like I do I run a 26 throphy,if I was running in clean water all the time I would use a 30 chopper II

Bob Ant

I am running a 26" ChopperII when fishing tournaments. Mine is a small shaft and I can pull stumps out if I have to. Fully loaded for tournamant I can hit 97.something any time quite easily.

ALLISONMAN

i really like a tempest when i had the sport midsection on mine but with the offshore housing the drag 4 from perfomance propeller does it all!!! i dont have any big hub props but if you could try a tempest i think you would be happy!!!

fishnfireman

When i had the 2003/280

my two favorite fishing wheels were both Mazco RE4's

A 26 pitch for higher elevation and a 28 for low....I liked the 28 drag 4 but the one I had would slip when you got in rough water..if it was bad enough you had to slow down to keep from stuffing waves. It would spin to much under load..

chad202

Well with my 260 and for fishing where holeshot, midrange, and lift are premium, I like a 25 trophy or dragIV. The dragIV has better holeshot but the trophy was more effiecient.

Myron

I have a 27 Tempest and love how it runs but will not get up fast loaded. In all fairness mine is the old style with the small vent holes

FLYING BUTCHER

props

If you are not in a hurry--I am working right now with Dave and Froggy at Hoss props on a 28 running the same set up you are running. We hope to be over the centruy mark with fishin loat--my two cents or cent and a half??