XB2003 or ??

jpeck

Xb2003

Hi,

I'm in search for an Allison that will serve our family well. The ideal boat package will come in around 10k. I don't need a big MPH or big HP boat, just a nice and well taken care of boat with a reliable 150 would work for me. I owned a Hydrostream for over 15 years, and am looking for a little bigger boat and something that will work for fishing a bit better as well.

Please e-mail (peckjj@msn.com), or PM with any information.

Thanks

Last edited:

whipper

Though most Allison owners will post there boats for sale hear on the "A" board. There are some who post on scram and fly or fastbass also. You may want to check all the boards in your search. You should be able to get into a xb2003 with a 225Promax for around your price.
That would be the best value for your money in my opinion. If you have a family on board you better off with a 225. You will plain faster with a 225 and save fuel over the 150 because its not working as hard yet the motors are close to the same weight. Trust me youll want more HP sooner or latter and youll have it with the 225. A comon package that becomes available more than others.
You just missed two sweet ones!Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

Blue Gray in PA

I made the final decision and changed to an XB2003 last July and have put my 1989 XTB21 up for sale a while back. If you're interested in something like that, give me a shout. It's in storage right now and is really clean compared to many of the boats I've seen. Currently has a 150HP Mariner Mag 3 on it which runs mid-70's with four onboard. To be honest, I went to the 03 for the bigger windshield but it's not as easy to move around with the family (four including me) as the XTB with the center walk-through. Don't want to disagree with Whipper but the 03 with a 225 I bought was WAY over your $10K price and I can't say as I've seen too many unless they're a good bit older - my 03's a 1997 with 2000 model 225 PM and was super clean.

You might want to try both models before you decide which fits your needs better. If space for your family is your number one concern, the XTB is roomier. My $.02

bigtis

you just better pick it up before I do, 2003/225 combos don't last long at all on the boards priced at 10K..

jpeck

Wow... :laughing

All are interesting comments, but indeed valid. Yes, I realize that it might be tough to find, especially considering that the boats typically have >= 225. But I'm thinking that the opportunity might present itself (especially with a 150). I know that I've missed a couple, and perhaps "the one" last August. It's tough to want to make a boat road trip in the fall, and especially when the Knoxville Nationals are 30 minutes away.

BigTis: As fast as you are on the trigger on this board, I'd be worried if I actually beat you to anything here.

Last edited:

FlatOutAlly

Still a bit left of the bar here.. Braden? Must be a Farrell brother? Man that's a stretch, but it's one of those all's well that end's well if everyone wakes up in the right county with the rods they came in with..... so to speak... :wink

merc280

95 xb2003 super clean white & red ,225 pro max 40 hrs on new power head ,sportmaster lower unit, side steer,480 gps at bow and console they are linked,

whipper

JPeck, something to consider. I live way north west toward Alaska. I bought my GSE in Leesville SC. I cant remember how many miles but over 5000 any way. I used a transport company to bring her within 600miles of my house. The cost was way worth it considering what I bought to me. The price to Bellingham Washington from SC was around $1600. Now keep in mind this was for pretty much corner to corner of the whole United States she was transported. The company was 360 Boat Transport. They were half and more than half of any other company i got quotes from.
They wait untill they have a whole bunch of boats and do like 4 or 5 at a time on a big lowbed. Thats way they are cheeper. So if theres a great deal on a Allison some were far away its not going to be as much as you might think to get her home. I flew to SC after leaving a Deposite so Brian would hold it till I got there and payed the balance once i got there. Flying has become less expensive also and for a few hundred bucks and another grand or so for transport might be worth it for the right boat anywere.
Just thought i would mention another option for finding the right boat. You may not consider one thats far away but she might be 2 or 3 grand less. For a bit of an adventure and a couple of more grand more you could still come out ahead?