xtb offset

kota

My xtb came with motor setup offset to left side. Im wondering is that a hot setup or should I put it back centered up. Its kinda strange when your hunge up because the bow looks like its turnin to the right,I fiqure that because of the offset,can be kinda freaky,cause we all know we dont want to right. Any input from any a yal ally. guys thats been doin this for a few years ?

BigRedAlli

I don't have personal experince in your set up, but, from talking to others that have, I would leave it alone. Can't remember hearing any bad comments about that set up, only better top end ballance with min. weight added. Was your seat also moved to the left?

Send SSTOM a pm. If I remember right, his dad and some of his buddies have set up a few XTB's this way back in the day and may be able to give you some info.

p.s. Wouldn't want to make swiss cheese out of my transom either... :smile

kota

Well the seat is still in the original position.and as for the transon its a adjustable plate on the back of the boat for side to side movement,then the jackplate. Thanks Ill try SStom out.

Dark Allison

SS tom's dad said they used to move the motors 1 1/2" to the left and the seat 4-5" to the left and the boat will drive like a center steer.

BigRedAlli

as for the transon its a adjustable plate on the back of the boat for side to side movement
In that case, move it over, drop the motor a bit, and try it out. But I don't think it's your problem. I would think maybe a ballance, gearcase, or pad problem.

Hope you get it figgured out.

kota

Thanks guys I talked to SStom and he gave me some good info, gonna try it out tommorrow if weather permits,let yA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS