XTB Setup Questions

smooth

I have a 86 XTB 92 200 merc bobs low water and promax exhaust.

12 in setback

propshaft 1 inch below pad

14.5x28 hoss

I can easily turn this prop to 6600 with very little trim...the boat seems to want to get loose or chine walk very time i try and run it out.

Am i too far below the pad? what can i do to get it to run smoother..BTW no speed numbers yet dont have gps on the boat at this time.

I was told this was too much prop for my boat but i can turn it 6600 with almost no trim should i get it b&b and 29 pitched?

silverfox

Try the propshaft at 3/8 below the pad.If your running solo , you will need to add some weight in the left rear compartment .The boat will need to be balanced to run big nbrs. Lanny

smooth

was running with two on board.

boat may need a little balance work but i felt it was pretty good. Ran great up till you passed the 5500 rpm mark then and it just wanted to chine a little till you just had to get out of the throttle.

will try 3/8 below the pad this weekend and should have speed numbers as well...Any other tips?

Going up with the motor will also make it easier to turn more RPM correct?

silverfox

As you go up it should gain rpm and drive better.It also should help the driving by keeping the bow from flying too high.I ran the xtb with the 280 and the boat was a sweet ride.The propshaft was 3/8 above with 12 inch setback.I was turning a 28 3blade perfomer at 7800 and gps 97.8.Balance is key on the xtb.The best all around fishing prop was a 26 drag 4 at 8100 rpm.It ran 92 to 94 fishing with 2 and fishing load.Good luck with your setup.Lanny

smooth

As I understand it my motor makes the most power at 6400 and drops off from there...It is a regular 2.5 200 upper with promax exhaust and a 7 pedal front. It has no rev limiter.

What kinda of water pressure are you guys seeing at idle are WOT

My boat has new livorsi SP? gauges and at idle it makes 0 psi but it is pissing two solid 3/8 streams and at wot it makes 12 psi..I am going to check line for kinks but I dont think that is normal?

Thanks

silverfox

I would think your motor should be ok turning 6500 to 6600.As for the water pressure, 12 is good for wot and I wouldn't worry as long as your putting out good on your hoses.Lanny