XTB side imaging

Ocktane

Hey all. I just got my Humminbird 898c SI in the mail and I'm anxious to install it. I want to make sure I do it right so I figured I'd turn to the Ally gang. Has anyone installed a unit like this on an XTB? If so could you send me some pics or advice? I'm curious where the best place to install on the transom may be, where you ran the cables and whatnot. I'm going to install the unit itself on the front deck (gimbal mount) Just curious about the rest. Thanks all!

Ocktane

Well I have to move it... I can't believe I didn't think ahead. I mounted it on the transom next to the live well drain and the drag it creates in the water causes a wicked left lean and won't let me get above 60... Always nice to realize these things after you've drilled holes in the transom. Guess I have to move it to the step where the jackplate is mounted and hope for the best... Someone HAS to have installed a humminbird on their ally with SI.... anyone... anyone!? HELP!

RedAllison

Okt there are several of us A-boaters with Si on our rigs. Put "Humminbird" in the Search box and you'll get tons of threads on the subject.

I've gotta 1197Si on my console and a 997Si on the bow. The 1197 'ducer is on my jackplate. Just drilled the holes, tapped them and loctited the SS bolts in there and haven't had a minutes problem since installation back in '07. The 997 I installed on the bow lastyear with a "Transducer Shield" mount on the foot of my MK Maxxum. REALLY like that get up as well. There's several guys that have mounted theirs on the skiplates as well. Since the Si doesn't work over idle speed anyway, there's no reason to mount it anywhere near the pad or in the flow of water while running. Buy the inboard puck and switch if you want regular 2D scanning while running down the lake. (I still have the OEM Garmin in my console for that so I've just never bothered with a 2D puck install on my 21)

Here's a link for the pic of my Si 'ducer on the jackplate: http://forum.allisonowners.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=642&d=1189550478

Good luck, :gone fishing
RA

Last edited: