XTB21 questions

Fishforcash

I have very little knowlage of this hull but the traditional layout with seating for 4 works for me and my family. I like the open floor space for me and my 82 year old dad to go crappie fish but be cool doin' it.

How do they ride, rough water and handling?

How do they run with a strong 225 ProMax?

Last edited:

froggy

FFC,

IMHO it's the best riding ABote ever built. This boat had a significant deadrise angle---like a cigar boat. I never found a day, in Oklahoma, that I'd stay tied to the dock if the fish were biting.

Mine was a new 1985 w/ a 1985/2.4 liter/carb 200. After significant setup effort, she'd run 81 - 82 fully loaded to fish w/ two fishermen. With one fisherman it would run 85 - 86 mph.

Never ran it empty or with no troller so I don't know the real top speed.

A PMax 225 is substantially stronger than the 2.4/200 so I'd think 90's.

Just my $.02

froggy

tomoad

I grew up in one well sorta, I was 15 & my dad bought a new on 1987, it had a stock 2.4 200 on it, then he got a 200 promax, it handles the rough stuff, rides awsome, still love the lay out, my brother has it now & it still looks like it came off the show room floor, only it has a 05 drag motor on it. I call it the battledrag, it is very nice. wish they still had the same type of lay out. Its 21 yr's old & still in style.

Darth VMAX

If your not a "hardcore" basser, IMO that open floor layout is awesome. You just son't have that cramped "watch your step" feeling when you need to get up and move around. I think it would be IDEAL for older wiser persons whos balancing act is not as sharp as it once was ;-)

Blue Gray in PA

Love mine but wanted the bigger console for my wife so I went to a XB2003. Mine is still for sale if you're looking - I can tell you it runs mid-70's with the 150 HP on it and easy 90's with the 280 I hung on it for a while.

RedAllison

DATTA PURTY ONE!!! :wink

I STILL say if Darris would put an updated cap on that hull with dual consoles, raise the front deck and keep the price under $40k water ready he'd sell a BLUE MILLION of the things.

They STILL lightyears ahead of most boats, :gone fishing
RA

boataddict

you wont be dissapointed! she fishes good for sure and looks like a new one.

korn, ole yeller is callin your name-------

Fishforcash

DATTA PURTY ONE!!! :wink

I STILL say if Darris would put an updated cap on that hull with dual consoles, raise the front deck and keep the price under $40k water ready he'd sell a BLUE MILLION of the things.

They STILL lightyears ahead of most boats, :gone fishing
RA
I'd order one.:beer:

HO

I still thing someone who knows what they are doing could add a second console to it and you would have a very nice boat for at least 1/3 of the price of a new one...something to consider in today's economy.

I initiated this with Jack Barsh for my boat and he asked me to send him some pics but the ball is still in my court.

I agree completely with Froggy. You should be at 90 easily with the 225 pm. I was touching 90 with a lightly modded 2.4 200.