xtb21/ xb2002

John S

I've got an xtb21, and am looking to either overhaul (paint,upholstery,rewire), or maybe change model. It seems all the big numbers are coming from 2002's. Is there a major difference other than the central seating position? I like the openness( if that's a word??) of my 21, but that big deck out front looks good for fishing, too. Any info would be appreciated.

J

John Richied

It really depends on your priorities as to what model Allison best fits your needs.

Putting these priorities in order to your wants might help.

Speed/Acceleration

Seating for 2, 3, 4, or 5?

Rough water ride

Deck space

Storage

Also what engine you are going to power the hull with and what you use the boat most for. What sppeds are you looking to run? And are these speeds with just you solo or with a parner and fishing load?

D

DarthVMAX

If you find an XB2002 with a big deck let me know, I would love to see one. :lol:

If you want BIG #'s the best choice would be the XB2002 bar none.

Yellowallison

HEY DARTH-RICEBURNER!!

I agrree with ya I aint seen 2002 with a BIG DEcK!!! ...

But i have seen a 2002 with TORN-NO Cover FRont DECK!!

It looked SNAPPY!

:mrgreen:

hack02

Now come on YA; that toneau was good for .299475000 mph on top end. And the intimidation factor for XY was priceless.

pacman809

XTB21

John-

Can't comment on comparisons among various Allison models. I have restored a '87 XTB and very happy with it's all around capabilites but perhaps I'm not as demanding as some. 200EFI/10" setback/82.6PS

Just a thought: I do have the full set of original seats(driver/passenger and two rears, one little fishing seat/thing.) in good shape, gray with red piping. Depending on which way you go, I'd be willing to offer these to a good home if someone pays for shipping or picks them up.They're probably just going to sit in the garage until they carry me out toes first.

Just thought I'd offer. Good luck.

pacman

John S

Thanks to everyone for the reply.I'll try to answer everyones ?'s to my ?. I just put on a 200xs ( on my first tank of gas.... right now a lot vrrrrrrrrrrrrr, in about 4-5 hrs. , vroooooooooooooom!! :twisted: ) I know this motor isn't a pm, 260, or 280, but i hope it's respectable.On some short pulls it has good acceleration. Now I'm rambling, anyways Im getting more and more addicted to the speed ( nothing better than purring at 30 and stompin to 60,70,80,85,86,&so on. I never seem to fish/run with more than three, and I love the solo blasts. When I run solo , I gotta balance the rig for good topend handling. To pacman,thanks for the offer! :D :D I will kick it around,depending on mydecision of keeping the rig. I know I'm not going to get the same perf. as I did wth my pm, but would I come close with my xs on a 2002? I guess what i'm sayin is I want the most rippin fishin rig I can get, and from the amount of 2002's and lack of xtb21's it seems that the 21 is not meant for the big #'s. rough water isn't a huge concern (big waves are a good time drink highlifes from the dock), not that mine is great for those either. Iknow there is a lot of setup potential in this boat, and I love winter projects(check the MN forecast in Jan.) but if I'm gonna put a lot of coin and time in this rig, I would like to be able to come close to the 2002's(maybe an unrealistic dream.) Oh well,I'll stop rambling. Hopefully this answered the ?'s to my ?'s and someone can help me spend my money, as if I need any help. :wink: Thanks again -John

hack02

I'm a firm believer in the old saying 'Variety is the Spice of Life". If you've had the old girl for a while(Allison XTB21)no matter how much you put into it or what you do its still the same old boat. Not that thats a bad thing, but its the same old boat. You seem like you've got an 02 on your mind; sell and buy another boat. Or, buy another boat then sell the 21. This is my personal take on the situation, other views may vary.

A

Anonymous

The 2002's front deck is huge compaired to the xtb you have, i know what you are saying :)

The 2002 is a very nimble, fast and good riding model. You will loose some storage space but the trade off will be worth it.

Ed