Xtb21 ???

1badss

Banned
Whats the fastest xtb 21 known to anyone here. Not just guessing but actual fact? They seem to be a nice boat and laid out well so I am surprised that it wasn't a hit with bass fisher peeps.

kornvb

i used to own the 92 that tricky ricky has just sold it ran 93-94 with a 260 with 2 people and some fishing stuff. but it also ran the same with one person had to add weight to balance out.

patches

Bigtis had a good looking black and white for sale a couple weeks ago. Don't know if he still has it or not

nickens21

I believe the reason the bass peeps didn't like it is because of its small front fishing deck!! I fish pretty much every week and I always wish my front deck was bigger but I love the floor space it has also!! If I were a big tourney fisher and couldn't find a decent xb-21 to afford I would have a bullet!!

tomoad

dont know the fastest one But my brother got one with a 05 drag on it, I know he said he ran 104 a time or two in it with his fishing stuff troller etc, it should run a little faster he wasn't really stringing it out.

Joshua

mine with one 220lb man loaded to fish, trolling motor, 3 batteries an all with a 280 runs mid 90's all day. my buddy run it on the same day with the same load minus my beer belly(hes a bit lighter than me an ran the motor a bit higher than my liken) and hit 100.

I would imagine with a little time spent on set up and a lightly loaded boat 100+ shouldnt be that hard.

I'm way to lazy to pull off my troller and rods and anchor and extra batterys.
I'm pretty content fishing in the 90's.:blah blah blah

Dark Allison

I heard Bud Hicks had a light weight one that ran 100+ with a stout 225 promax.

Joshua

There's one around here with a 225 pro max.I believe he run 96 light.
It would be nice to hear about the fastest.
I bet if someone set one up bare empty, light with a drag it would impress. Especially for a boat that's no longer in production!

1badss

Banned
The xtb21 is a really cool looking serious looking tourney fisher. I'm surprised it didn't take a better hold on the mkt. Any opinions why it didn't?

Joshua

Had to be the side console and the smaller front deck. The 2002 and 2003 both offered a much easier balanced layout. I wonder what the limitations of the hull are. I'm sure the folks @ allison did plenty of testing on it.

Darth VMAX

What you have to remember is WHEN the XTB-21 was being designed (We all know how long it takes an Allison model to actually HIT production). Say around 1980 or so???
That deck size/lay-out was how the vast majority of bass boats were made. Minus the 4 seats, the XTB was pretty dang BIG for its day. You figured most bassers in the ealry 80's were fishing out of 115-150hp 17-18.5ft boats.

True by the end of its production (1996) the XTB was well "dated" in its lay-out, but IMO its still a fantastic family bass/multi-species boat.

my .02

Dark Allison

What you have to remember is WHEN the XTB-21 was being designed (We all know how long it takes an Allison model to actually HIT production). Say around 1980 or so???
That deck size/lay-out was how the vast majority of bass boats were made. Minus the 4 seats, the XTB was pretty dang BIG for its day. You figured most bassers in the ealry 80's were fishing out of 115-150hp 17-18.5ft boats.

True by the end of its production (1996) the XTB was well "dated" in its lay-out, but IMO its still a fantastic family bass/multi-species boat.

my .02

It is a great family boat. All it needs is a larger front deck to make it a perfect bass boat.

RedAllison

Several of us have thought over the years that if Darris would put a new deck on the XTB and sell it at a mid level price range, it would be a HOME RUN and sell very well. All it needs is a full raised front deck and perhaps the option of passenger console with removable console top like on the XB21 2+2. The XTB will run pretty much same speeds with equal power as the XB2003 so it's a performer.

Paired up with a modernized layout and say a $30k-$40k price tag, combined with a smaller motor like the 150XS-175XS it would still outrun the majority of rigs out there and the only thing Darris has built that will outride the XTB21 is the XB21.

Someone can get them one HELL of a package for some skinny chee$e on a good used XTB. :beer:
RA