Yall be lookin.. for me an older XB2002!!!!

hack02

Now that will get your blood pumping. Develops max torque numbers at less than 8 grand and revs to over ten in street trim. If you can get that thing packaged to mate to an outboard mid it would be the ticket. Reliable, high reving, light weight, four stroke power. Sell it at a 400 percent mark-up and you will be right in line with mother Merc.
I would think routing and cooling the exhaust will be quite the challenge.

ALLISONMAN

GET THAT thing on and get it going!!!!!! them northerners need a hero!!!!! and stop sucking up to yeller it makes ya look bad!!!! :!: :!: :!:

GPI Racing

Hack,

For now I plan on running an Alpha 1 SS drive (3" shorter center and CLE case) which is pretty lightweight and give some flexability with gear ratios. The engine has a dry sump oil system so doing an outboard would be possible. The engine itself is smaller than the fuel tank so for now we'll run it as a stern drive. It will make the exhaust system easier to deal with. The engine itself is now going for $17K complete. That is less than it sold for a year ago by $5K. Unlike some companies these guys lower the price as they ramp up production. If it works as planned it may be a great alternative.

Imagine an engine you can rev 12000rpm plus for several years (they run them 10000 miles in the cars before they rebuild the top end). Even if the cost is slightly higher initially, the fact it will last without expensive rebuilds will make it a bargain. The 2.4 version is slightly over 450hp as of now. The spec you see in the link is for the 380hp 2 litre.

Side note: We've already figured out how to fit one in a XB2003 or a Gran Sport. In the gran sport the whole thing would fit under the rear deck with room to spare.

Randy

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Well FINALLY!! We get some recognition from the Southeast Boyz, even if it's for outrunnin Skeeters!

Better check your rearview mirror AMAN....and keep tha REAR HATCH secured! :lol:

PS...Note to self...Make sure LIVEWELL is EMPTY B4 racing Ridenour...

hack02

Inboard? Interesting. I would think for 17 grand you could opt for several different power-plants; ie big block or small block, although I don't know if it could be done in aluminum for that price. Anyway you look at it you wouldn't find a powerplant that weighed less than 200 pounds and produced that kind of performance. I would suppose the X-factor will be critical when doing the install because of the lack of easy adjustment. Just wondering, would there be any issues with the engine turned on its end on an outboard application, such as thrust washers supporting the crank, side loading of rods, etc.

J

John Richied

In regards to Allisonman’s post basically saying “you northern boys better stay north!!!! and north west boys stay home and outrun some skeeter's!”

And Lou’s reply” Well FINALLY!! We get some recognition from the Southeast Boyz, even if it's for outrunnin Skeeters!”

You boyz could go on and on about where the fastest boats are built this and that, but take a look at the number of high-performance boats there are on the lake next time you are out down south… You guys probably see two or three other brands of high-performance bassboats out in one day.

Now compare this to the number of high-performance bass boats we see, maybe one or two every month. Most the guys out west think a Triton is one of the fastest fishin machines ever… Trust me it’s GOOD out west, come on out and play!