Yellowed gelcoat

bullwhipjkg

You talkin bout on the bottom ir all of it
if its the bottom mine turns yellow to orange from the rivers around here
i buy sum stuff called atwoodz hull cleaner in the boat section at walmart gets it rite off

Billy Sedman

3m heavy duty compound, high speed buffer w/ wool pad then apply wax!!! works every time :)

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Mine is the kind on the sides from the sun, not from water. I tried 1000 wet sand--not much results. Slightly better.

jimmyb

tile cleaner for bathtub works... and it is a lot less noxious than the hull cleaner.

the joys of having a white hull in tanic water!

whipper

tile cleaner for bathtub works... and it is a lot less noxious than the hull cleaner.

the joys of having a white hull in tanic water!

TSP is a good bathtub cleaner. Works like a charm, never tried it on the hull though? Might be a good idea as the stains from water on the hull are the same as in a tub. Calciam, grime etc.. I do know that once you get it off if the area of Q is nutorious for discoloration from water try buffing it back to shine with the Dimond Cut 2.0 then apply several layers of wax over that area and always wipe that spot dry after each time out and that should prolong the discoloration from comming back for a very long time. Any hint of it comming back nip it in the but right away.

The only area i have ever seen some color change that needed attention is behind the fenders aft. That because it the hardest part to get with wax while on the trailer.

Last edited:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
The large allison sticker on the side was removed because of sun checking. The gel under removed sticker is quite a bit lighter. Not water related.