Crossing my fingers

ROBERT CROSS

If you believe we owners are top-o-the-wave, you must visit the Factory in Louisville, Tennessee. Darris, Nancy, Tom, and the entire crew are top-notch. We stopped there to have both our GSE's tricked out..

PATR154

Ah, now I really know what you mean by dem colors. You have a couple of dandys there! Beautiful! I do feel like I belong to an ‘elite’ group, pardon the pun, but will even more so with some seat time. Today I managed to get on the list with my marine outfitter. He’ll be calling in approximately 3 weeks. I’m making progress. I think a visit to the factory and meeting Darris, Nancy, Tom and all would be the icing on the cake. I did speak with Bill in parts/service about the coupler size on my trailer since the seller said it was 1 7/8”. He said not so, have your 2” with you. No bums rush off the phone. I felt like he would’ve given me all the time I needed, a class act for sure. A river run would be fun too but I can’t get ahead of myself. Tricked out you say, pardon my curiosity.

ROBERT CROSS

It did not have the ski pole option, plus the crew did a complete inspection after the trip from Texas just to make sure we were getting an as 'new' boat.

PATR154

Mine is a 2006 2+2, with a 225 (3.0). White and tan, not what I would have liked, but then I'm not a big fan of red either. At that time, only 60 some 2+2s had been made and I wanted a 2+2. Some concessions had to be made. The bad side of my trip was the heat. My Excursion crapped out in Truth or Consequences, NM on a Friday night. Luckily, there was a backyard diesel mechanic who had an extra 2 injectors and a fuel pump to get me going. 110 degrees and a 200k truck was not a good combination. I've gotten over the speed thing. I'm 70 and that is also my speed limit. Good luck on your journey
Would you post photos of your 2+2. The color combo sounds interesting. With anything you can’t go wrong with earth tones.

RiverRocket

First, a thank you to those that responded to my first post…Affordable Allison. It’s not in my garage yet but process is in motion. I’m leaving for Phoenix from Minnesota in a few days to get what would be my first Allison, a 2004 XB21 center console with a Merc 250 XS. A little more than I wanted to spend but I think it’ll be a good fit. I’m looking forward to my first visit to AZ as well.
Congratulations. Great boat and hull. Where are you from? I'm in Minnesota as well.

I don't think I have ever bought a boat that was close. LOL. Oklahoma, Florida, Illinois, Texas, etc..... All memorable road trips!

PATR154

Congratulations. Great boat and hull. Where are you from? I'm in Minnesota as well.

I don't think I have ever bought a boat that was close. LOL. Oklahoma, Florida, Illinois, Texas, etc..... All memorable road trips!
Hello, I’m originally from Little Falls but moved to Elk River when I was 4. Pretty much grew up there. I’ve always been in the Twin City metro area until now. I retired in January and I now live in Aitkin and I plan on staying here. Please tell me a little about your boat or boats if more than one.

RiverRocket

Hello, I’m originally from Little Falls but moved to Elk River when I was 4. Pretty much grew up there. I’ve always been in the Twin City metro area until now. I retired in January and I now live in Aitkin and I plan on staying here. Please tell me a little about your boat or boats if more than one.
I grew up in Blaine, my mom is from Elk River. I have had a few Allisons over the years. I had the same boat as you with a 225xs, 300xs, then a 300R. I now have a new 2+2 and V8. I'm up by you a few days a month in the summer, but I only get close when I run to the north end of Mille Lacs. I was up testing props on the north end before the opener. I had the entire lake to myself. It was awesome.

PATR154

I grew up in Blaine, my mom is from Elk River. I have had a few Allisons over the years. I had the same boat as you with a 225xs, 300xs, then a 300R. I now have a new 2+2 and V8. I'm up by you a few days a month in the summer, but I only get close when I run to the north end of Mille Lacs. I was up testing props on the north end before the opener. I had the entire lake to myself. It was awesome.
Very interesting! So few people here in Minnesota including a couple friends familiar with boats even know what an Allison is, although I heard from a friend of mine that a former coworker we both knew from the distant past races Allisons but what exactly, he didn’t know. Speaking of Mille Lacs, hoping that big rain that’s coming in the next day or two will bring the water level up some more. Since you test props, I’ll mention I try and gather info how certain props work on this boat or that boat. There’s plenty to learn. Nice variety of owned Allisons (and engines) by the way. There’s some good comparisons that go along with that I bet. Is there anyone here in the north country you’d recommend for service on my rig? I have H2Outfitters in Big Lake and today I spoke with the service manager at Bay Lake Marine near Deerwood.

RiverRocket

I do much of my own work on the boat. Especially if it's rigging, maintenance, modifications, or somewhat easy motor work. If I can't do it, or its warranty, I use Supreme Marine in Minneapolis. They support the local race community. Anything Allison or new purchase-related I talk to Fastbass Marine in Kentucky about. They know the boats inside and out better than anyone in the country.

I did a lot of testing video's on the model of Allison you have. You can see them on Fastbass Marine TV on YouTube. If you look closely you will recognize the 169 Bridge in downtown Anoka. I do a lot of running in that area. It's a great test strip. https://www.youtube.com/@FastbassMarineTV