Allison vrs Stroker

GotMyAlly

Watched that video last night, He even slowed it down to point you out...Kinda pissed me off...I think your giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying half way, it was more like 3/4 of the way.
I think you're right.....I believe I was about to round the bend and be within sight of the dam when he came by me.

GotMyAlly

Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3YTO1Sde3Q

You'll see Kurt in there too with the yellow/blue stroker. He had popped his 300 or something....he was running a 250XS that weekend.

If you notice when he passes my boat, there's a camera on the rear seat pedestal. Not sure where my videos are, I'd have to look for 'em. But I've got the run there and back on camera too. Me and Kurt were neck and neck on the return trip till we hit barge rollers and my trolling motor foot pedal went over the side of the boat.

Darth VMAX

Looked like a neat run overall. Now I remember who's Stroker that is (was). Didn't that black Stroker get wrecked?

Back on subject. So there is a HT Hammer Powered XB2003 that ran 110. More please...

;-)

jimbob88

I met up with 'dentguy' shortly after acquiring my 2003. I was only able to run 85ish ( learning curve) and it woulda taken a ton of miles for his stroker make up the ground from holeshot.
He did (does) have bragging rights for top speed in my boyt.

Bobalouie

looks like they cut some of the chase out of the video. You can see the view change at around 1:54 in the vid. Musta been taking too long, LOL

David Shook

Ya'll be nice now! and slow that chit down, ain't no damn sense going that fast, someone could hurt themselves, it's getting out of hand?
Shook

K.Kiser

Stroker's are nicely built boats, and they can run very fast... I don't believe at all they are built like and Allison or will last with and Allison... Lastly, they won't ride in chop like in Allison, but they are more forgiving... Just depends on what the perspective buyer needs from a boat... This is a niche' sport, and the Strokers don't fill our niche' as well as an Allison but they are still nice boats that serve a purpose well...

hack02

Didn't somebody blow one over a while back? And I heard of one stuffing a wave up close to Jasper and getting beat up pretty bad. More forgiving, maybe. But any high performance hull can raise up and bite you. I saw a STV hook one time.
Don't get me wrong though. Fine boats in their own way. Them or a Bullet would serve its purpose well.

GotMyAlly

I believe 2 of them have blown over.....in the last couple years.

I also saw the one that was damaged at Jasper in the parking lot. Slung the batteries through the back of the boat. I had a really poor quality cell phone pic somewhere, not sure if i can find it now or not.

I think every fast boat is going to have it's quirks, but I'd rather spin around than go over backwards.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Yep, when that subject got brought up over on fastbass. Some of those guys got a serious case of butt hurt about the subject. They killed the thread and told everyone to keep there mouths shut about it. That the insurance people were watching the web site and they would find out what happened and not cover the guys boat. They said he hit a large wake...........

Darth VMAX

faster than an ALLISON.. HA,HA,HA,HA,..!!what a FOOL !!!!
Perhaps...and perhaps not. It think it is accuarate to say that Both Stroker and Bullet have boats that have run much faster speeds than the Allison in question (XB2003) and even the mentioned XB21. Both Bullet CC and Strokers have ran in the 1-teens to high 1-Teens. That is clearly faster than both XB2003 and XB21 as of yet.

Now a little off subject and a ramble from me:

Now both the Bullet and Stroker camps have special 1 off purpose built boats that conceivably are out to take the World Speed Record away from a (this is where I get a chuckle) a regular run of the mill XB2002. Can you imagine if Darris put forth the effort to create an XB2002 specifically built for a top end speed record (not that he has to...his current boat has held the record for how many years???) Or....is this already in the works perhaps????

I need more coffee

RedAllison

The Stroker guys are cool with me, been around em for several years at the FB Rally and I even went to the Stroker Rally a couple years ago. Chub was a riot and you can tell he enjoys all of it.

The black Stroker was the same one Kurt carried me 105gps in, over chop. (Kurt doesn't need a hotfoot, just a toggle switch from off to WFO!) I like the layout of the boat, plenty of room for 2 up fishing. Console tops could use a little rework but I guess it's their trademark now and you certainly can't miss it. Are they "dragboat/Ally quick"? Certainly not, but once they get their legs under them, those legs are MIGHTY long and powerful.

I can honestly say I'm a XB21 man until death (or Darris decides to put a bass deck on the XB24! :shock: :cool ) but for sure I can see myself in a Stroker LONG before I could a termite boat. :big grin

It's all good, :at the bar
RA

GFL

I have to agree with Red the Stroker guys are cool with me. I also went to a Stroker rally three years ago. I have ridden with Kurt and Paul at 104 in two different boats. They ride good and are a fine fishing platform. I strongly considered buying one before getting my 2003 from J4utvols. If i was looking for a traditional bass boat layout other than the 21 Ally it would be a Stroker
Henry

tcrabtree

The yellow & blue stroker was blown over.. When I see Strokers start winning races, I'll be a believer!

Alli-drenaline Rush

The Stroker guys are cool with me, been around em for several years at the FB Rally and I even went to the Stroker Rally a couple years ago. Chub was a riot and you can tell he enjoys all of it.

The black Stroker was the same one Kurt carried me 105gps in, over chop. (Kurt doesn't need a hotfoot, just a toggle switch from off to WFO!) I like the layout of the boat, plenty of room for 2 up fishing. Console tops could use a little rework but I guess it's their trademark now and you certainly can't miss it. Are they "dragboat/Ally quick"? Certainly not, but once they get their legs under them, those legs are MIGHTY long and powerful.

I can honestly say I'm a XB21 man until death (or Darris decides to put a bass deck on the XB24! :shock: :cool ) but for sure I can see myself in a Stroker LONG before I could a termite boat. :big grin

It's all good, :at the bar
RA

HaHa right..... get an XB2002 / 2.5 drag go rip'n by and you forget all about dem 21s!!!!

RedAllison

HaHa right..... get an XB2002 / 2.5 drag go rip'n by and you forget all about dem 21s!!!!
When I fish it's about fishin, relaxin, cigars, cold brew and time with buds! :at the bar NOTHING does that bettern a XB21. :relax:

As for STAND ON IT SON, pin ya back and make ya hold ya breath... even the XB02 aint got nothin on a XR2001 witha fullhouse Merc screamin onda transom!!! :cool: Once I drove one, ALL others with a troller on the nose became childsplay. :cuss

Once the kiddies are gone, my "rally boat" will be a carbon fiber XR02rr with who knows what kinda nuclear reactor on the back. THEN we'll talk about "GETTINER DUN",
RA

ziemer

Has anyone seen the video of the Jackwagon in the 25' Cougar Cat with twin 300x or 280's (can't remember which) chasing down and passing the B.A.S.S. boats during the launch of a tournament? He was laughing and pounding his chest for outrunning 250hp Ranger, Tritons etc.
I assume you're talking about Chigger??? That's Lee's brother (OspreyProduction) One of the funniest videos I've seen. :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_R1aBoRAAY&feature=related