Knoxville Rally 2012

Allyfishing

Joe, I apologize for stepping in to give some details but I figure you are really busy or just forgot to post the info we have so far.

Joe Harrell, Roger Mills and myself have been working together to come up with a 2012 Rally location and dates and here they are: The 2012 Knoxville Rally will be held at Euchee Marine, same place as last year, only a week later, June 18th to 24th, the week AFTER Fathers Day.

Joe mentioned that some owners in the past were unable to make the Rally on the Fathers Day weekend due to other commitments so in hopes of more attending we pushed it back one week. And hopefully we will have better weather than last year. It rained almost every day.

Here is the website and the contacts are Tammy and Denise:
http://eucheemarinaresort.com/

Euchee has a new chef in charge of the restaurant and is eager to work with us. I am to speak to him today to discuss some options and will post as I get updated information. We WILL have an itinerary of events ahead of time for all who are coming so that we will be organized and we all will know what is happening each day. The floating cabins have been moved to the other side of the marina and we will have full use of the facilities like last year.

We are discussing plans with the Allisons to include a gathering at the factory and will hammer out those details as well.

Please make your plans now. We will also work on rates for our group. My cell number is 570-657-0796 if anyone has questions and would like to speak. As soon as I have rates I will post.

Let's make this one of the best Rally's in Knoxville ever!!!

Thanks, Craig

Alli-drenaline Rush

Thanks Joe and Craig... hopefully Donna and I can make it this year... last year was great, even with a little rain..... nothing like a little pie and cameraderie to drive away the clouds!

Allyfishing

Yes it is James.

BTW, the management @ Euchee Marine is giving 10% off the 1 bedroom and two bedroom rooms in the lodge as well as the floating cabins.

Allyfishing

The restaurant has been turned over to a new Chef for this season. He is excited to have our group there and is open to most anything. He will have breakfast available to the group, lunches, a group dinner buffet of our choice of nite and offerings, the bar will be open and will have entertainment if we want a band or something. No, we're not going to ask Ben to dance for us!!! LOL!!!!

Joe, Roger and myself have discussed having a grill available on a beach area to make lunches for the afternoon boating and beaching fun and grilling for the evening meals except for the nite(s) we get the Chef to conjure up something. It's all up to the group and what you all want.

Open to any and all suggestions.

What would you like to see, have or change to get more attendance at the Knoxville Rally for 2012?? What would get more people excited and willing to participate and show up and stay at Euchee? We need sponsors for meals.

Please offer up suggestions

Either email me at astro@ptd.net or cell 570-657-0796

Thanks
Craig

Allyfishing

I just received an email from the Chef at Euchee and he would like to have a banquet style dinner for us one nite and make accommodations for us on the deck with a band as well. He also came up with some ideas of maybe getting some fun competitive games going with a Wii or something!! That could be interesting!!!??? LOL!!!!!

He sent along a menu that looks incredible and the restaurant will be open 7 days a week including breakfast for us.

More updates to follow. Any ideas on getting some sponsors involved to help with meals???

rmills280

there ya go imo thats why theres been little interest in the rally, boat rally = water

Allyfishing

there ya go imo thats why theres been little interest in the rally, boat rally = water
I agree!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate more this year so we can spend more time on the water playing and less time huddled under a pavilion watching the rain and lightening.

Brian, great idea...anyone have some buoys??? Let the races begin!!!

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate more this year so we can spend more time on the water playing and less time huddled under a pavilion watching the rain and lightening.

Brian, great idea...anyone have some buoys??? Let the races begin!!!
Not races. Prop testing. I have a couple props I want to test out.

Allyfishing

Absolutely!!! We can do that!!! Ya know, Joe owns East TN propeller maybe he has props he would like to test or maybe if it does not offend anyone in particular we could get some prop guys in like Tom Bostic to talk and test props!! Or anyone else that would like to!! And no offense to anyone in particular just throwing this out there!!! I know that Roger knows some guys

suicidealli

How is water patrol there? I have been threatened to be arrested for doing that by myself!!!!! Lol. That being said I'm all for it!!!!!!!! Set up 600' "test"
Lane. Keep the speeds down, for safety. I haven't tested my 2002 for short track at all... It would be hard not to bring the drag... I just happen to have a string that is 600' with a weight on one end. I'm sure a fisherman has a couple of marker bouys. Just be careful going down this road might cause a little stink, and is always a risk... 2 ally's running all out side by side is a risk. JMO

Roy

Allyfishing

I got a couple marker buoys!! And two old tie up dock bumpers with the tie loops on each end. I'll bring them. If we get enough people there early in the week we could do it on a weekday. And since Roger knows the water he may be able to find an area safe enough. I'll get some of my beer salesmen to cough up a few goodies as prizes!!

DOUBLE J

I think I'm going to make this one. I can't take off to many days so I'll probably drive up on Wed. What is the plan for Saturday( I hope it's boating related i.e. long river cruise?) I know the plant tour is Friday which I am excited about. Is Darris and Paul usually @ the plant on Friday when the group is there?