Hey Admin's....

Allyfishing

I'm not on FB either. My wife is and she tells me what's going on. But I also agree that it seems to be stalling a bit here and I too would like to see it recover as well.

allisonriverrat

The board stalling has nothing to do with the admins or moderators...it's got to do with members....I can get on scream and fly and see things posted in buy ans sell sections from people that are on this board that are never listed here.so it's reAlly up to people on here weather if stalls or not.yes Lou and red and Jeff need some help on few issues as they all have a very busy life and are getting some help soon.

allisonriverrat

And I have notice that the high performance face book page has stalled also as well as scream and fly also. Been looking for an ss for sale since July..... So I have been on all on regular basis.... It's all been flat... But it seems to happen a little every year around this time .

Allyfishing

"The board stalling has nothing to do with the admins or moderators.."

I meant to say that I didn't think it was the admins fault for the board stalling. I realize it has to do with member inactivity. me included. Like someone mentioned above, new members bring new ideas and questions about their boats that sparks interest in replies.

It's like any club or organization that goes thru an evolution process once the membership lacks growth. I belonged to a bass club many years ago that that happened to. Very competitive club with real good anglers and even scared off a few members. Eventually folded.

Dave Hensley

Well I guess one way to get some interest started is to get one of those 70 page, flaming threads going like I have seen on that other board. Surely there is somebody we can pick on.......I know.....Hey Loser, you're a no driving, nose picker that can't see over the steering wheel!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
LOL nothing like a good controversial thread to get the fur flying and activity up, and seats with free popcorn for everyone.

From time to time, we get brushfires started here because most of us are "Type A" personalities with abnormal psychology in OCD and perfectionism...

But those posts result in extremely high number of viewers and a subsequent increase in activation requests. So it's not all bad.

Getting this group here to behave sometimes is like herdin' cats...LOL

I am having a look and doing some research into upgrading this board to the latest version of vBulletin....it has not been upgrade like...EVER...it MIGHT have more advanced features that make it easier to post pictures etc. But it also has a warning that our basic framework will likely be deleted in the upgrade, along with /god knows what in terms of member profiles and uploaded images....so I need a computer / software guru to help me out here...Neal are you up for it?

I agree with the rest of you guys, there is more solid info here than anywhere on FB or anywhere else. The FB page is simply convenient for some and actually it's more like an advertisement for the marque IMHO.

xb03fs

Good info on the board when you need a straight no nonsense answer.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
A big advantage to the board over facebook is the fact you can find old info much easier on the board.

Dave Hensley

Well I guess one way to get some interest started is to get one of those 70 page, flaming threads going like I have seen on that other board. Surely there is somebody we can pick on.......I know.....Hey Loser, you're a no driving, nose picker that can't see over the steering wheel!
Hey Cleinmark I am talking about YOU......I guess your busy working on your latest RAT that I turned down.

fasteddie

Dave Hensley I have something you need to pick up the next time your over this way. It's a big ole **** spoon to stir with. :LMAO:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
This forum has come back from the dead more times than Jason from Friday the 13th and Michael Meyers from Halloween combined...:LMAO:

I've been active here since...2001? And it was using a whole different framework other than vBulletin at the time. Sometime in the mid-2000's the switch was made because the other format was completely incapable of anti-malware threats...but we lost a lot of good info in the migration.

I agree new members can spark new questions..then again if I see another "which is better, hydraulic or cable?" or "Transom savers - yes or no?" thread, I might have to go out and take hostages. Where's the smiley for <<YAWN>>

GotMyAlly

so I need a computer / software guru to help me out here...Neal are you up for it?
Yep. But a graphics designer I am not. If we want to completely revamp it, I may need to call in re-inforcements. I can handle the infrastructure aspect of it though.

Allyfishing

Good info on the board when you need a straight no nonsense answer.
Exactly.

Some complaints I read was that once a prospective member used a legit email address they still heard nothing after months. That's all I was saying.

And I do understand it's work to keep it going and "administer" the forum. Thanks to Lou and others who take up their time to work it