Under Carpet Padding install.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I decided to put the passenger seat mount under the carpet. I think it looks much cleaner that way. It was a labor of love for sure cause I am not sure I would do it for anyone else and if I did I wouldn't do it for less that 1000.00 in labor.

XB03AllyProud

That looks awesome. How much time you think it took to strip all the glue and how much xylene? Going back with the pad do you think it was needed to get it perfectly clean like you did? How much glue did it take to put down the pad and carpet? I'm assuming carpet gets glued to pad as well? My 02 I'm going to be rigging this winter doesn't need carpet except I'd like to have the pad and maybe a different color. Again, sure looks like a professional job you did.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
That looks awesome. How much time you think it took to strip all the glue and how much xylene? Going back with the pad do you think it was needed to get it perfectly clean like you did? How much glue did it take to put down the pad and carpet? I'm assuming carpet gets glued to pad as well? My 02 I'm going to be rigging this winter doesn't need carpet except I'd like to have the pad and maybe a different color. Again, sure looks like a professional job you did.
1. It took around 2 gallons of xylene plus, I bought a six pack of the blue heavy duty paper towels and went thru 3 to 4 rolls. If I would have wised up sooner and put the xylene in a spray bottle to start I think I could have done it with a gallon. Took me several days to get all the glue out. I worked on it in my spare time. I think if you got up on a Saturday morning and jumped on it at around 7 am. You could finish it that day. Prolly around lunch time. Keep in mind that's figuring you already have the carpet removed and deck lids removed. Figure on another day to rmove the carpet and deck lids.
2. As far as getting it as clean as I did. That wasn't really on purpose. I figured I would just get up what I could. The xylene worked so well it turned it to a goo and I took a wide blade scraper and pushed it into a pile. Then used the blue paper towels to clean up the pile of goo.
3. I used a gallon and a half of Weld Wood contact cement. Just used those cheap brushes from Lowes to put the glue down.
4. Yea glued the pad down then glued the carpet to the pad.

Thanks for the compliment. It was a labor of love. Would not do it for less than a grand........lol

Last edited:

hirk

Looks great. I spent 19 hours doing a gambler, you can appreciate your work for a long time now.