reasons to keep rally centered on plant

ally2dextreme

didnt want to get in this but as only owning my ally for the 2nd summer me and my wife have been talking bout coming since last year but work has been in the way both years but we would like to see the factory but it could be just as enjoyable just to be somewhere where there is more than just a couple alyys on the bank like here at home

my wife wants to start racin my 2002 like i do now and wants me in a drag so who knows when we come we may be in 2 boats

later justin
thanks for your imput ..and welcome..keep in mind you can see the plant and a bunch of allisons at the same time...lol

ally2dextreme

Alternating schedule I would love to see all the lakes, and rivers around the US. Maybe once every 3 yrs we can make it near the factory. Plus new people will get to see how great the family really is.
i would say that would be way to long maybe change from the plant every 3 yrs...but thanks for your imput

Crazyoz

Banned
EVERYONES OPION COUNTS THAT PERTICIPATES IN THE RALLYS... thanks for your imput
Do you mean everyone that has been to a Rally or coming to a Rally. I agree with you everyones opinion matters but I dont think your vote should count if you dont perticipate. Just my opinion and I think moving the Rally every two years is agreat idea. It gives everyone a chance to see new water. I also have to agree with RA about keeping it in TN or close because it is the center of the all of us. Those of us that live in TN just get lucky.:smile

allisonriverrat

Bad Dream

So If Allison Closed Say Because Daris Couldnt Find Anyone To Match His Wit( Still Kissing His Azz.lol,. ) To Continue Allison Would We Still Have A Rally ? So Is It About The Factory Or The Boat? The Boat. I Agree Its Southern, Still Wouldnt Care Cause I Am About The Boat, As Long As I Can Afford To See Every Lake I Would Be There. Think About That One! It Is Truely The Boat In My 2 Cents. Thank U.

ally2dextreme

Re: Bad Dream

So If Allison Closed Say Because Daris Couldnt Find Anyone To Match His Wit( Still Kissing His Azz.lol,. ) To Continue Allison Would We Still Have A Rally ? So Is It About The Factory Or The Boat? The Boat. I Agree Its Southern, Still Wouldnt Care Cause I Am About The Boat, As Long As I Can Afford To See Every Lake I Would Be There. Think About That One! It Is Truely The Boat In My 2 Cents. Thank U.
i rather deal with the now than what ifs...gas could be $12 a gallon long before theres no plant..lol...thanks for your imput..

john4utvols

I did notice something this year that needs to be discussed. More people showed up on Monday and left by Saturday to be home with there dads on Sunday. I thought it worked out great. I believe we had 28 on Monday.

ally2dextreme

I did notice something this year that needs to be discussed. More people showed up on Monday and left by Saturday to be home with there dads on Sunday. I thought it worked out great. I believe we had 28 on Monday.
thats a good point...thats the only dislike i had from the start was fathers day time frame...my son was not intrested in going and it made it tuff so i had to get him on mothers day and his mom got him on fathers day..lol. i always felt like if you wanted to bring your kids you can always do that...but i now some guys have to miss becase of fathers day.. hey lets poll it ...lol

ALLISONMAN

use to on mon and tues only a handfull showed up but the reason for having the rally on the week leading into fathers day was that most ALLISON owners were fathers and thus their wives and kids should support what they wanted to do on "their day" most monday and tuesdays were left open for the small group to do family things like i pretty sure red and few went to the muscle cat museum time and some went to the lost sea and others have gone to dollywood and gatlinburg to allow thier wives to enjoy what some wives do and that is shop before ending the week, boating, swimming, and everything else that goes along with the rally!!! this was dicussed in the 1st years of the rally but if everyone wanted to change it then that would be up to the group i was just letting some that wasnt around then understand why we had done things the way they were done!!!!! most planning done has been thought out and used to be discussed in the allison chat prior to planning of the allisonowners.com rally i personally liked to visit a different lake everyday of the rally as we used to go to douglas, cherokee, ft. loudon, tellico, and watts bar all in one week of a rally many hated to drive that much and therefore the lakes visited were decreased to suit the MAJORITY!!! It even came down where some wanted to visit watts bar and sponsored lunch by reynolds and other did not like reynolds and chose to visit douglas instead but again that night everyone was back in the parking lot fine with what the other group did!!!! I can explain how and who started the division with the 2 groups but will not and enough bitchin has already taken place and john this stated happening before you ever came to a rally so it doesnt include you!!!! you have just taken the heat for stepping up and putting your name on top of the sh-t list with the past rally planners!!! i think mostly everyone could get along if the behind the back, and behind the scenes bs stops!! i never realized how bad it was until i planned 2 rallies and then seen how kevin, lou, chris and guaranatee john got done, with the behind the scene calls, pm's and email's trying to get you to sway what the majority had originally wanted and people wanting what suits them!!! or the annoying phone calls from, well what are we doing thurs at 2:00 when the rally is 10 months away!!!!! alot of guys want stuff but most are afraid to get on here and post for fear of being slandered like myself, john, ricky, thomas, kevin, chris and lou have done!!!!! i feel what i feel is right and i wont back down!!!! i think i am like most of the names above that i just wrote and thats why we have had our fuss!!!!!!!! if we were all yes people then the place would for sure be BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MYSELF hope everything turns out ok but feel some stuff went to far as i really dont feel like giving a damnn anymore about the rally and hopefully that feelind will leave as i have always enjoyed planning and being part of the allisonowners.com rally!!!! i am outta here, bryan

ally2dextreme

Do you mean everyone that has been to a Rally or coming to a Rally. I agree with you everyones opinion matters but I dont think your vote should count if you dont perticipate. Just my opinion and I think moving the Rally every two years is agreat idea. It gives everyone a chance to see new water. I also have to agree with RA about keeping it in TN or close because it is the center of the all of us. Those of us that live in TN just get lucky.:smile
yes ..like i said those who perticipate...i would say some type of fee to be collected towards food ...motel..whatevery..when the money is collected you get a vote ...that way we would keep all your cousins from voting your way as you stated previously..lol

RedAllison

AINT no money gonna be exchanged for votes or in any way related too the rallies, site or decisions, hell that didn't work in the founding of this country so I can't see how it would work for voting/planning on a simple boat rally!

Folks we been playin with the program/software on this site and have discovered that we CAN tell WHO VOTED FOR WHAT CHOICE in any poll and of course the number of total votes shows up constantly on the poll itself so if 100 people vote and yet 125 votes are tallied then we know 25 were bogus and those won't be counted. So the fear of someones sisters cousins brothers voting anonymously can't happen. 1 vote per account per poll. Can't make it any easier or real than that!

We have well over 1000 members on this site so limiting only past ralliers to voting isn't fair. EVERY YEAR folks plan and hope to make the rally and then for various reasons they have to back out at the last minute, happend in the past and I know it'll continue to happen in the future. Their vote is no less important than anyone elses so I don't think it's fair to tell them they either can't vote or have to pay something for the priviledge. THAT truly is "letting the family speak".

It's comin together FINE and I LOVE the way the group is stayin civil on this topic. :at the bar
RA

ally2dextreme

AINT no money gonna be exchanged for votes or in any way related too the rallies, site or decisions, hell that didn't work in the founding of this country so I can't see how it would work for voting/planning on a simple boat rally!

Folks we been playin with the program/software on this site and have discovered that we CAN tell WHO VOTED FOR WHAT CHOICE in any poll and of course the number of total votes shows up constantly on the poll itself so if 100 people vote and yet 125 votes are tallied then we know 25 were bogus and those won't be counted. So the fear of someones sisters cousins brothers voting anonymously can't happen. 1 vote per account per poll. Can't make it any easier or real than that!

We have well over 1000 members on this site so limiting only past ralliers to voting isn't fair. EVERY YEAR folks plan and hope to make the rally and then for various reasons they have to back out at the last minute, happend in the past and I know it'll continue to happen in the future. Their vote is no less important than anyone elses so I don't think it's fair to tell them they either can't vote or have to pay something for the priviledge. THAT truly is "letting the family speak".

It's comin together FINE and I LOVE the way the group is stayin civil on this topic. :at the bar
RA
well i would defently disagree...im not saying you have to pay to vote...what i am saying is we always have to pay for shirts some meals etc. when theres money involved poeple that have no atention in going sure wouldnt put down a deposite just to vote...we have over 600 members how many poeple have you ever scene at any rally..while theres probaly another way ...leting anybody thats a member vote aint it...and thanks for your imput ..please tone it down a lil..this is a descussion of ideas no need for a dictatorship yet...lol

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
I agree with you Thomas if you dont attend rallies then why should you vote on where it is going to be held. If you go then you vote if you dont go then dont vote. Thomas my cousins cant read so they aint no problem but I think you got the point I was trying to make. Thanks for putting it out there.:beer:

ally2dextreme

I agree with you Thomas if you dont attend rallies then why should you vote on where it is going to be held. If you go then you vote if you dont go then dont vote. Thomas my cousins cant read so they aint no problem but I think you got the point I was trying to make. Thanks for putting it out there.:beer:
no problem..love you- mean it

lightening rod

how bout if we do something as simple as make a post after you vote, it does not have to say which way you voted just a simple "I voted" or a smiley or something, then the post count should match the poll count and everyone can see who is voting on the rally stuff. I dont particularly care for the money exchanging idea, or limiting who can or cant vote, but would like to see how many of Rickys cousins is voting.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Why don't everone just post the places you would like to see it. Then out of that thread we can make a poll from those places.

RedAllison

I'm tellin ya WE KNOW WHO VOTES!!! I can produce a list showing each specific member that voted as well as which selection they voted for. Now for whatever reason I think many would rather leave off the choices of any such "voted" lists but I see no reason not to post who has voted.

As for simply saying, "Only those who go vote", well what about first timers? They should get a vote. What if someone votes but isn't 100% sure they can attend until a later date, should they not be allowed?

I think some of you people are making this ALOT harder than it has to be, damn we're just talking about voting on a rally site. What does everyone have to fear? The majority speaks, the rally goes there, we're done!

Doesn't sound hard to me! :at the bar
RA

Last edited:

john4utvols

RED don't get your panties all in a woad, we are all being civilized for right now. I think the reason it should be shown is to keep people from saying it was rigged. Why keep it a secret. If you want to see the Okies water vote for it, If you want to see the factory and stay in that area vote for it. Me I would love to see where them Okies play at. And even Kevin's backyard, He did say something about a girls gone wild party :beer: in his backyard. But I do think about every 3rd year we need to be around the factory that way the new comers can see the factory.

Brian I agree with the reason of fathers day, but it sure seemed that alot of folks wanted to get back before Sunday.

K

Kevin from FL

Make it simple.

Only Allison owners can vote.

Only one member of an Allison owner can vote.

Make two threads that owners can vote in.

1) Owners wanting to return to West TN vote here:

2) Owners wanting to return to East TN vote here:

No polls, just open and seen by all voting :beer: