reasons to keep rally centered on plant

Crazyoz

Banned
pros for Savannah:
--Less travel time for us:beer:
--Too many too count: great running waters, great sandy beaches, great shade for the little ones, great hotel, local stores in minutes from hotel, less TWRA supervision, great parking at hotel, less travel time to water, 2-3 different waters to visit, hotel reservation mostly for just rally attendance, 2-3 tiki type bars on water, less traffic on Clifton and Savannah waters, most of all more attendance at this years rally than any of the previous 3 attended at Knoxville, and everyone states "best rally yet", etc.

Pros for Knoxville:
--Rode the water more,
--and I love the tiki bar at Watts Bar we always eat at.
--Really thought the Allison Catfish Restaurant was really cool, and missed it when we didn't go back last 2 years there.
--Enjoyed Euchee Marine and the restaurant as well
--I also liked seeing the mountain view the 1st year when we went to Douglas Lake(2004)
--haven't had a motor blow up here yet, that's a plus...lol

Cons for Savannah:
--can't think of any right now, except that our motor blew up, and the rest of the week kinda sucked for us as far as playing on the water goes... lol
--Didn't ride water as much, but gas is too high right now, and our motor blew up & didn't have a boat
--Personally, I don't care if it takes 30 miles to get to where were going on water, I love to cruise, but with the kids now that view has changed, they get hot and tired when riding a long way, now if I was pregnant we would have issues on long rides.

Cons for Knoxville:
--Farther away, more distance from hotel to water, Wal-mart, etc.
--water is rougher, alot more traffic, esp. on Watts Bar and Tellico
--No great sandy beaches to hang on, didin't like the scratches on our boat at the rocky pull up at Cherokee Lake the 1st year we went,
--spent more time floating and burning up than on a beach with some shade to get in, if I had had my kids then they would have fried, at least at Savannah they can run along the beach which is fully covered with shade and play and less likely to get sunburned. This is fine if my kids aren't with me, and could work around even if they go, lots of sunblock...lol
--hotel in Savannah was more accomodating for cookouts and parking, etc.
--The hotel was pretty much reserved for just us, less likely to pizz other non allison folks off, and cause problems for hotel staff like in previuos times at Sweetwater Hotel.

The 50th anniversary year we went, me personally, I think this how it should be celebrated every year we are in Knoxville, if tradition is the focus here, then every year should be an anniversary for the Allison's:confused:

Thanks,

Beanie

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
I do have a question r/t this thread? No meanness intended, just wanted points of views,

HOW do you vote for a rally in either East, or West TN, If you have never attended one or the other to gain an opinion based on experience of each location?
You can't truly have pros and cons of somewhere you haven't been, right?

Just trying to help my brain to understand a little better about the future voting poll we are talking about...lol:confused:

Beanie

Yellowallison

Allison MAN....... what yu need to worry bout for th 09 rally is!!:punch

Yeallr comin back to PADDLE yur AZZ like the OLe dayzzz:laughing

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
Pros On Away From Knoxville
Water Is Faster
Dirt Is Different
Stores Are Closer
Best Rally For Locals
AND WHEN YOU SEE THE END OF THE RAINBOW ITS IN CLIFTON WITH A POT OF GOLD FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons On Away From Knoxville
None

Hell We Dont Need A Poll We Have 1 Person Already Decided It For Everyone Thanks Clifton 09 For Me
Hell Brian me and you agree on something. I do agree with everything in your post but the local statement. I didnt no Texas, California, Louisiana, Ohio, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, ETC where locals but if you say so. Wished I new who that one man was cause I would like to buy him a beer. He shore is smarter than the rest of us, he nows a hell of a place to put on a Rally. I will go with him, I want to hang out with everybody else.:beer: Cant wait to find that pot of gold but maybe someone done found it.:laughing

lightening rod

I do have a question r/t this thread? No meanness intended, just wanted points of views,

HOW do you vote for a rally in either East, or West TN, If you have never attended one or the other to gain an opinion based on experience of each location?
You can't truly have pros and cons of somewhere you haven't been, right?

Just trying to help my brain to understand a little better about the future voting poll we are talking about...lol:confused:

Beanie
If you have another place in mind then start a thread discussing the pros of that place, talk about the positives of that place in that thread, and let this thread be for the positives of this particular place instead of trying to lump discussions of all places
into one thread and noone knowing exactly what anyone else is talking about or people getting upset when someone starts posting cons to their particular site. If you have never been to one place or the other then you should not have very many pros or cons to post and threads listing the positives from 2,3,4 or 5 or however many places should be very informative. Instead of listing the cons for the choices you dont like concentrate on the pros from the choices you do like. That way all it will take is just a little respect from everyone not to go into a thread and post negatives and will be very easy to moderate. Then we could have a discussion before the actual polls and folks could voice their cons if they still have any.(it will be up to Lou and Red how that happens for sure, but for now lets just try to keep civil.)

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
you lost me, my pros and cons are posted already, and my question is about the thread started. No need to pm me to tell me to start another thread. I feel I have answered the thread more adequately than you, I have been to both places in East and West Tn, and can actually give pros and cons. :beer: And don't take this derogatory, please. Personally, I like both places Savannah and Knoxville, I have no reason to put more negatives/positives into one or the other. I just want to be with everyone else and have a good time. Just wanted to be able to give input as was asked by Thomas. Sorry for participating:sad

Thanks,

Beanie

Last edited:

ally2dextreme

actually i asked for reasons to keep it around the plant beenie not any of the other but we wasnt doing to bad but i would like to keep this thread civil...thanks

Texas Dear

I think we ought to have the Rally in Texas next year. I'm not but 1 hour away from Sam Rayburn Lake. One of the best lakes in Texas with plenty of beaches and the biggest lake in Texas. That's my vote. I hope this will take the heat off the Tennessee people and controversary. Let's all be friends and get along. We will be at the Rally next year where ever it is decided to be, in which ever state is voted on. However, let's plan on having fun and enjoy being together because life can be too short to waste on disagreeing and arguing.
Can't wait to see everyone next year.

Edward & Monez
Texas Dear

beanieoz

Banned
I second you Ed, I think whatever everyone decides will be great, wherever it may be next year, I just hope everyone can make it and I can't wait to see everyone. wish everyone a great summer, what's left of it!!!!:cool:cool

Leigh

Lets just get a vote up and get on with it.

For me personally all I want is less than 30 minutes to the water a nice beach cause with my back (IM GETTIN OLD) I cant make long runs in the boat and I DO NOT like floating around in the middle of a lake.

The factory is just that a factory been there done that got the t shirt. Yeah every 3 years or so it would be nice to plan for newbies who have never had the pleasure.

The whole reason is to get together and enjoy each others company and that was so nice to do at the Clifton Beach each day. just walk around and get to catch up with everyone. We get to see everyone make passes and there is shade for those that wanted it.

Also, we had several Allison Owners come that are local but that do not use the net. and no I don't think they are OZ's cousins but keep in mind this is rural TN. LOL

Y'all know I'll vote West Tn again. It's the first rally that I enjoyed every bit of.

Y'all asked and you know I'll speak my mind.

Rallly 08 was Great, do it one more time in 09!!!!!

Yellowallison

I know... LIGHNING ROD yu said keep it on topic....

But ... Yeallrs says in the future we need to have a SOUTHERN COMFORT RALLY at the WORLD FAMOUS

......................SILVER GLEN in my & kev's backyard :big grin

Last edited:

TBuck2003

Yellar,
Thats what Im talking about,there is no Cons all Pros Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was that Oz 2nd from the left?

TBuck

Yellowallison

SILVER GLEN is blast.......and BEUTIFUL!!!

Yea during the day its G/PG Rated come night time.......... R/XXX rated

Spent a many days there.....

Silver Glen Springs is located on the St John's River which would be a great place for a rally...miles and miles of running and places on the water to stay..from Jacksonville to Orlando

Only bad part I can think of....the drive from the far north and midwest :very sad

Just a place to think about for the future:laughing

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
I know... LIGHNING ROD yu said keep it on topic....

But ... Yeallrs says in the future we need to have a SOUTHERN COMFORT RALLY at the WORLD FAMOUS

......................SILVER GLEN in my & kev's backyard :big grin

Hell yea man with that kind of views I dont care about any of the other bull. Lets go I`m ready wether Beanie is or not.:beer:

GotMyAlly

Yep....that right there looks like a great place to have a rally! Silver Glen gets my vote! Ain't never seen that kinda scenery at the TN rallys!