Recent content by AllisonPERU

1. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello after a while, lots of water has passed below, now running 9” of setback and shaft 1¾“ below the pad on a Vance jackplate, didn’t like the Trophy Plus 27”, quite twitchy and sold it to a friend for an Action Marine. Got a new Raker HO 24, pulls skiers perfectly, does 73 mph with four on...
  2. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

After some time of silence, an update. Now using a 22” Raker HO with adjustable vents, simply wonderful, can pull the skier easily with four on board and reaches 69 mph, feels much better than the Fury, mid range super strong and great handling. As you remember I am located in Perú and my...
  3. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello, now I have installed a 24” Fury prop, doing 72 mph with 2 on board, slow holeshot, can barely pull out a 180 pound skier with just one on board, handling trickier flat out than the same pitch Raker and also the Raker pulled the same skier easier. All this with the hub 2” below the pad and...
  4. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

My kids are 18 and 16, avid drivers. Of course wit all the safety measures. they are handling the boat very well at 70. Next week I will receive the Fury 24, hope it woks well.
  5. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hi, the lip in the Pad is there, hull is perfect! I will put the new prop before moving anything else but giving it a though on the Ally Foil or the Skid Planer, seems the Foil is easier to install. Going to Miami on Saturday for a few days, will try getting the foil on time. Has any body tried...
  6. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello Wave to WaveI have the L2 with 1.86 gears, with the raker 24 I was able to maintain 72mph with 7 gallons of gas, my son 160 lbs. and myself 190 lbs.) needed a lot of trim ( I don't have a jackplate), waiting for the Mercury Fury to start trying again, changed my mind and going also 24...
  7. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello All, I have been quite for a while, changes are slow here. Everytime I want to make a change have to order parts to a forwarder in Miami and then import things into Perú, really slow process!!! Just tried my new prop today, an Evinrude Raker 14.5 X 24, hit 70mph on the GPS, still able to...
  8. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Answering Wave to Wave, the hull is perfect and the lip is there in perfect shape too, about 1.5mm thick. Today some more ski and a couple of passes at 63 to 64mph with chine walk controlled. About to see the mechanic tomorrow to raise the engine ¾” and try again before deciding what prop.
  9. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Thank you very much, today I started trying to control Chine Walk and was able to hold it at the limit ( with the prop and actual setup) at 64mph for around 20 seconds ( yesterday as soon as I hit above 60 had to back off, really feel I am going forward ) looked in this Forum and found great...
  10. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday before putting the boat in the water we checked the tachometer against my friend’s Evinrude diagnose computer, everything matched yet I was only topping 61 mph @ 4,000 rpm, today found the tach got wrong because it would only climb to 3,500 need a new tach...
  11. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

12. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello again, first runs today, conditions not good foot and a half chop with 14 knot wind. initial setup 5” below pad and 6” setback, four on board aprox. 700 lbs and full gas tank 30 gallons. The boat wouldn't even get on plane till we shifted the weight to the front then got it on plane...
  13. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello again, thank you for your comments, here is my update. The owner of the shop where my Allison is got Covid19 and just reopened yesterday so my boat is not yet in the water. I have given the boat maximum setback with my plate, 6" and the shaft now is 3" bellow the pad. The other big change...
  14. AllisonPERU

New Owner in Peru

Hello Jon, nice Forum you run. I have had for almost twenty years a peruvian made Allison copy from the eighties ( you couldn’t import boats to our closed economy on those days). in 2013 somebody imported a used 2011 GS 2003 which was neglected and I bought it last year, now I am in the process...