Recent content by David Lanham

1. D

HC 6345 Steering Cylinder

I'd post your question on Scream and Fly and or Bass Boat Central. This site has really slowed down
  2. D

Passing of Greg (xs03mitch)

Allison Friends: I got a call from Greg's Mom today (2 April) saying that he passed away from complications of pneumonia. He was buried on 25 March. I wasn’t too much in contact with Greg but I suspected something happened as he wasn’t responding to PMs. Although it might be a while to...
  3. D

1997 Xb2003 gearcase selection

Good tip that I learned through out the years is to store an epoxy coned case in a heated area during the winter months. This will minimize the epoxy bubbling condition. And for my two cents, I prefer a coned case over the SM.
  4. D

Found Allison Photo's

Thanks for posting and as Tom stated, great memories. Found a few of myself during old Rallies. Also took notice of Yellow Allison pics, Scott Vickery. I remember attending the very first Rally. I pulled in the hotel lot late in the evening and there's Scott sanding on his gearcase with a...
  5. D

XB-21

Congrats on your purchase. This site has been really slow for a good while. Might consider posting your questions on Bass Boat Central / Allison Boats page as well. They're might be Allison Owners FB groups you can search also. Good luck.
  6. D

XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

Where did you get this? I tried to find a U bolt style such as this but couldn't find one with a direct fit. Thanks
  7. D

XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

After some research, this is the only direct fit option that I found. Ordered one from Amazon, $11.25. https://sea-dog.com/groups/2249-twin-shank-bow-eye
  8. D

XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

Where's a good source to get one? Mine is not looking too good. I replace it awhile back but can remember where I got it. I think this time I'm going to find someone with smaller forearms to help. I remember replacing it last time and I gouged up my Pop-Eye forearms quite well going through...
  9. D

New member in Orlando

Monitor this site as well for searching: htps://www.screamandfly.com/forum.php
  10. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Nice Your new rig? Older pic? I see leaves on the trees.
  11. D

Ride Guide cables

If your wanting to retain the Ride-Guide setup, this might be your only option for cable replacement but it requires modification work: https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?303739-Ride-guide-cable-conversion&highlight=cable+conversion I did this on one cable for my Prosport a couple...
  12. D

ETEC 250 H.O.

Sorry for your medical issues. Hopefully you'll get past this and get back in an Allison later in life. I would post this package on Scream & Fly to increase exposer. You have any performance numbers with both engines?
  13. D

Question for you all on a 2001 ,225 X

My 2002 225X had the very same symptom new out of the box. Dealer discovered that the plug-in for the Throttle Position Sensor was jacked. Your probably going to have to find a dealer the has DDT to test the functionality of the TPS. Leak-down test is a must, If it has low leak-down numbers...
  14. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Thanks for the info. Think I'll run the sacrificial wheel (27 Trophy) and keep the good stuff on the shelf. I'll bring a spare as well. Get's awful sparse along the way to look for a tow home.
  15. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Awesome How was the Ohio water conditions in regards to debris? I ask as I'm planning a Cox Park to Madison lunch run this Friday morning in my 225X powered Prosport. Weather forecast looks great, lower humidity, lower temp and sunny for Friday.