Recent content by ntxwaterfowl

1. ntxwaterfowl

Xb2003 No more carpet!

Yeah, that is tight there for sure. You can tape a nut on the open end of a wrench with some masking tape and ease it up there. Start hand threading it in and you can feel if it catches right then finish it off with the drill or screwdriver. I want to turn that lid around the other way but it...
  2. ntxwaterfowl

Xb2003 No more carpet!

Jared may have found a better solution but I cut out neoprene gaskets as spacers for the latches. I will probably change that eventually but it has worked alright for the spacing. As far as rivets, I can't get them to work, just suck at it lol. I ended up using all stainless hardware from Lowes...
  3. ntxwaterfowl

XST 18 Restoration

That all looks great put together, fantastic job
  4. ntxwaterfowl

Xb2003 torque steer

I am a super novice limited by a 150 but I have noticed the crazy differences in torque steer prop to prop and trim level. I've noticed with one of my props if I am running about 50-55 and trim too high or too low it feels like the steering wheel is trying to be ripped out of my hands, ran a...
  5. ntxwaterfowl

Xb2003

I had wanted an Allison since I was a kid so when I found mine last summer it was too good to pass up. I went to the lake yesterday and there were 3 of those Tracker Heritage boats fishing near me... they look neat and retro but all I could think was that it was funny they paid 3k+ more for...
  6. ntxwaterfowl

Xb2003 No more carpet!

Thanks for the feedback, I’m going to have a hard time making up my mind. I’ll have to come up with something before too long though, the last time I power washed my boat some of the carpet decided to leave.
  7. ntxwaterfowl

Xb2003 No more carpet!

I have almost convinced myself to go this route, the two things I hate about carpet are the dirt/stains/slime and how if I wash it I have to leave it uncovered to dry so I don’t have to worry about mildew. The only things I’m worried about with non skid is noise walking around, comfort...
  8. ntxwaterfowl

2008 225 pro xs vs. 250 pro xs

I would look at part catalogs just to be sure as has been suggested. I am certainly not an expert on 2 strokes but I’ve done a fair amount of work on cars over the years as an enthusiast of fast cars and hot rods who also happens to have no money, believe the expression is champagne taste on a...
  9. ntxwaterfowl

New (to me) XB2003 learning and setup

I wish I could right now but I was barely able to get the boat. Hopefully before too long, saw a JSRE rebuilt 225 on FB the other day that looked and sounded sweet for $6500 I think. I could just imagine the acceleration...
  10. ntxwaterfowl

New (to me) XB2003 learning and setup

I finally broke 70! I got the nose cone installed and lifted the motor. I raised it to about 1/4” below pad and it wouldn’t lift the bow. I would trim up and bump it and the speed would climb until about 60 and then start dropping again. I lowered it to 1.5 ish below the pad and it ran much...
  11. ntxwaterfowl

GS righed with 2001 225 Rude Ram vs 225 Promax

That's interesting about the Renegade, I bought a 27 Renegade for my Johnson motor just thinking it might be better and I couldn't believe the difference between it and the 24 Raker. The Renegade to me drives 100 times better than the Raker did and even though it's more prop it seemed to plane...
  12. ntxwaterfowl

Allison boats and the Shrinkage Factor...

I wonder if the new 300xs v8 would be that different than the 300r? I know there is some power difference involved with ecu, intake, etc. but I would still think it would be close and that your shop should be able to mount it. I know I'm planning to repower to a used 250x or xs whenever that day...
  13. ntxwaterfowl

Sounds like you got a really nice boat with some good set up for sure, I thought about an XTB a few times and if I’m ever fortunate enough I would love to find one on the edge of gone and restore it as a fun project. Now what’s that ‘ice’ stuff you are talking about on the rod tip? I think your...
  14. ntxwaterfowl

Funny how fast you run out of lake isn’t it? I know my lakes seem smaller now and I haven’t even learned how to air it out. Sounds like you had a blast, I love fishing and have hardly fished out of mine, just want to drive it. Going stir crazy now because our ramps are closed due to flooding...
  15. ntxwaterfowl

More progress on the GT20

That looks fantastic, it’s all such a clean look.