Xb2003 torque steer

jimbo

I just bought a xb2003 and the boat is amazing rides great and the power to weight is amazing I am running a 28 Marco the only problem is the torque steer to the right is BAD what are some things I can check to try and make this thing better i don't want to add hydraulic steering until I get this figured out I am running a 225 pro max with a sport master lower

dubmoney

While I respect your quest to reduce the torque steer before you switch to Hydraulic steering, I recommend just making the switch. I have a 28 mazco, and torque steer can be different for a number of reasons from day to day. In my experience the mazco does have more torque steer than most other props. I ran 98 mph today with my Mazco, loaded very heavy to fish.

dubmoney

my recommendation is to raise the motor, as much as possible, or at least work to find the maximum height. Some where up there torque steer will decrease.. It will be different at every speed and trim. Mine locked in today at 95 and I drove with one hand, but somewhere in the 80s it required some driving.

Lotus 50

I used to get torque steer when the combination of height, trim, and prop was wrong. When I had it dialed in there was scarcely any torque steer. Now with hydraulic, I lose that feedback. But overall hydraulic is very nice.

jimbo

Thanks for the replies fellas I am going to take some time and check out the setup on the boat motor height and all and make sure the skeg isn't bent or and thing silly like that I just got the boat over the weekend and it's my first ally so there will be some growing pains I am sure lol nice to have a community of guys that share the passion

ntxwaterfowl

I am a super novice limited by a 150 but I have noticed the crazy differences in torque steer prop to prop and trim level. I've noticed with one of my props if I am running about 50-55 and trim too high or too low it feels like the steering wheel is trying to be ripped out of my hands, ran a Trophy Plus the other day and same speed had none of that feeling even when playing around and trimmed wrong.