Recent content by RobShaw

1. R

1999 XB2003 / 2002 225X with 170 hours

The gps input to the speedo always worked. Not sure what the problem could be there.
  2. R

Congrats Willie! I almost took those Eddie marine trays ($$$) out before I traded it...theyre less than 6-7 months old. The CD player never worked which was fine by me because I dont much care for radios in boats (just a personal taste thing). Curious about the fuel sender issue? All of the...
  3. R

Guys, Todd Morgan (www.candomarine.com) took my Allison in on trade for a new boat. You can see a pic of the boat on the BFHP boats for sale board. This is a very clean boat. The only reason I traded it in on a new Champion 210 Elite is because my military orders have changed allowing me to stay...
  4. R

New top speed...

Darryl, isnt it amazing how smooth that prop is? I bought a new 28 from TBuck and it's by far the best prop Ive ever owned. Your performance with that rig is very respectable and I bet it's a blast to drive!
  5. R

Too much pitch?

Thanks! Thanks guys. I have some work to do. With these 80 degree days, Ive been more focused on fishing than set up. Looks like the midwest storm is coming this way which will give me time to do some proper measurements/troubleshooting. Todd, that prop is awesome!
  6. R

Too much pitch?

XB2003 with a 225X. 14" static Allison plate. Fished yesterday in 60 degree weather with a very light load, empty livewells, 2 people at about 400 pounds total. 28 Custom cut (by Todd) Hydromotive Quad IV. The highest rpm's I could attain was 6200 at 76 mph. This prop is incredibly smooth...
  7. R

Replacement trailer costs

Thanks Thanks for all of the info. I normally have galvanized trailers under my bass boats. The only exceptions thus far have been the 05 BassCat Puma and this Allison. I fish tidal rivers (Potomac, James, etc) nearly every weekend and fully appreciate the benefit of galvanization! That...
  8. R

SAD news for sure....

hmmm Did you ask about the future of the XB2003? I would guess that this model too will be phased out soon due to the weight of the newer outboards.
  9. R

Replacement trailer costs

I contacted Boat Mate concerning the cost of a new galvanized dual axle trailer for my XB2003 but was told they cannot sell me a trailer directly due to the agreement they have with Allison. I can understand that and am awaiting a response from my closest dealer. Anyway, has anyone purchased a...
  10. R

JUST ORDERED AN ACU FROM BRUCATO

Dang... I had my check book out when I contacted Tony but he said these ACU's were not compatible with the 225X's yet...BUT he did say...YET! :)
  11. R

Hydromotive props feedback

Kevin I wish I could make the pic more clear. Not real good with this computer stuff.
  12. R

Hydromotive props feedback

Just got off the phone with Todd @ Hydromotive Thanks to people like GMA and Kevin, I called Hydromotive and not only bought a 28 Quad IV OT but received some welcomed advice on set-ups and balancing from Todd. Thanks all! :grin: :grin: XB2003 Merc 225X
  13. R

28 vs 30 chopper11

Catfish Catfish, concerning your 28 Chopper (Ally cut), who performed the cut? Thanks. Rob