Recent content by Rusrog

1. R

100 LL Av Gas

If you have the compression to NEED the extra octane then sure... It runs great and won't harm anything. Its not going to make the power that race gas will but it formulated for a different purpose. If you don't have the extra compression to need it though... It won't do you any good...
  2. R

Mercury Racing needs to share some inboard stuff.

Well they COULD but the one thing that you forget is that they would rather do away with those pesky outboards all together... :very sad
  3. R

2.6 yamaha

Don't do that on my account. Rest assured though if I am ever in your area, I may show up at your door with a pair of new head gaskets, a compression gauge and some measuring tools!
  4. R

2.6 yamaha

They do sound good. They idle nice and the carbs on those motors are GREAT! Did you happen to check the compression?
  5. R

2.6 yamaha

I tried to get in touch with Bill Kemp. Have not heard from him in a couple of years. I remember this motor but I never heard anything about what it truly is...
  6. R

dry stacking

A super Stock legal 200 is just that. A basically stock 200. No port mods, probably ProMarine Arias pistons, no lightened parts internally but it can have good reeds and a modified intake and probably WH-20 carbs. Could be a 2.4 or a 2.5. Good motors but nothing special, just made for DSRA...
  7. R

Old Powerboat Report on GT-20

As a kid I used to LOVE Bob Nordskog's writeups. I remember this one and many others over the years. Great read!!!!
  8. R

Merc 4 petals rubber coated reed cages- ported ??-

Those reeds\cages are not what is holding you back...
  9. R

New member?

LOL! Admitting the problem is the first step towards a cure...
  10. R

1998 xr2001 rr

Modified production or ODBASuper Stock\DSRA SUper Compo 1998 XR2001 RR Tandem axel, Rigged at BOATWORKS by Daryl Lane. Slosh tank and dual Weldon pumps. Motec Data recording dash, bottom blueprinted by Allison. In Control Foot throttle and shifter, rigged to meet safety requirements for...
  11. R

New member?

I know of someone who wants to join the site but has not been able to get any response from the ADMIN's. They are using a GMail account but it is a personal account. Any ideas? Any response from the admin on new members? Thanks in advance!
  12. R

Allison vs STV or, not an "Allison Boat For Sale" thread

I am pretty sure that was a Karelson Hydro that set the 176 mark. I think I remember them saying that it had run a best of 185 or so but holding it through the kilo, in both directions was tough to do. Pretty impressive either way...
  13. R

GS wanted....

I have a buddy looking for a GS or V21. Looking for a nice GS, no motor preferred. Might even take a nice GT-20 or V21. Show me what you got!
  14. R

How do I install Pro trim

The PROTRIM plate goes over the spindle and is actually screed to the housing. It does not spin with the steering wheel. Will the PROTRIM Plate fit over the spindle properly?
  15. R

Wanted 2.6 YAMAHA EARLY model crankshaft

Must be in very good condition and hopefully never blown up. 1989 and back crankshafts wanted. Contact me at rus_rog@yahoo.com or through this site.