Recent content by Scott in MN

1. S

Prop recommendations for xb2002 with a 280

My easiest to drive prop is a 4 blade.
  2. S

Jc cut prop??

JC's Propeller Service in Killen, AL They work props, install cones and torque tabs and probably many other services.
  3. S

Speed

Foner in the Bass-O-Matic. That boat is only going to get faster. They have had almost no test time since setting it up......
  4. S

Boat Insurance for Allison

State Farm here......I believe Foremost is part of the Farmers Insurance Group....
  5. S

SetBack / Offset more or less?

The more setback you have the higher you run the case. When the bow drops and it pivots around the transom the higher your skeg will be out of the water and the less control you will have. The only time I hooked my bass boat was with 19 inches of setback which is the way I bought it. Best...
  6. S

Rod & Piston Question

No, I have early 90's 245 big rods that are top guided. The only big rods with black paint on them I have are bottom guided but can be converted to top guided. My Chatfield rods do not have any black paint on them and the beam center is machined.
  7. S

Bent hi perf prop shaft

There is a racer down south (Scott Jordan I think) who had some made, he may still have some. I also talked to Speed and Custom Marine out of Florida a couple years ago and they were supposedly working on a small HP prop shaft to sell. Don't know if they finished it though.....
  8. S

Odyssey PC925 Battery???

I used a pair of 925 to power my 24V troller. We would fish bass for a few hours in the evening. If I forgot to charge them you would notice the power going down before you could finish the second night.
  9. S

Drive shaft

I did mine when I had the driveshaft out...Agree that heating/cooling won't help cause the temps will normalize before you can move the sleeve very far. I also used loctite to help hold the sleeve and to prevent water from creeping under the sleeve....
  10. S

Spin stock rods

I'm certain there are some that have in a pinch spun them 10 grand. I have one in my drag now but it is getting changed out this winter for an HP one with the oil holes.
  11. S

cooling question

Makes sense to me....just letting him know if he opens the pissers up it will run cooler.....
  12. S

cooling question

I was always of the opinion that the belief of water moving thru a block faster pulls less heat is a myth unless cavitation exists.....I don't want to read thru my Thermodynamics book to find the exact chapter but I am quite sure that heat moves more rapidly when a greater difference in temp...
  13. S

Boat Fire

Looks like a battery charger on the starboard rear of the boat. My bet that has something to do with it.....
  14. S

Race Fuel sticker shock

Looks like a refinery is under construction in ND...Don't know if that will affect pricing or not... http://www.calumetspecialty.com/about-us/facilities/dakota-prairie-refining
  15. S

2.5 Lower unit.....

I've heard this guy can do it, but I have not used him...maybe someone here has and can give feedback. http://thealuminumdoctor.com/services.htm