Search results

1. S

steering question xb2002

ok so I have been on and off about doing this for 15 years! well now everyone has hydraullic steering and it is a selling point. I have a 94 xb2002 with a merc 225 promax, it has only been in the water once or twice a year for the last 4 years when the motor was completely rebuilt. probably not...
  2. S

what should I do before I sell

Well I have not used my 94 xb2002 more than once or twice a year for the last 5 years so it's time to go. I have owned it since 95 and have nothing but great memories but life changes. It hasn't been over 80 mph in 4 years. it has a 97 225 rebuilt promax. runs strong, but needs a few things. So...
  3. S

what would happen if....

I put a 25 hp on my 95 xb2002? think it would go on plane? I have a res with fantastic fishing and has a 25 hp max. I have a friend who has a tracker proteam 175 that weighs 950 lbs and I think the Ally weighs 940? his boat will go 21 mph and its a friggin tracker!. Whats the smallest engine...
  4. S

So afte18 years and 2 sets of cables, I'm gonna do it!

The decision has been made! I am going to get hydraullic for my 1994 xb2002 which I bought in 95. So where is the best place to buy it from? as I remember, there are different pumps? do I need the 6345 or was it 5345? Do I need a new helm? what length hoses do I need and I also remember people...
  5. S

Allison ice breaker part 2

check these vids out on my new youtube channel, been getting 25-50 walleyes a day on the ct River in Mass and Vt. http://www.youtube.com/user/thecursedfisherman/videos
  6. S

The Allison ice breaker!

went out on the Ct river back home only to find 100 ft of ice and snow on the ramp so with the help of some buddies and a plow truck, we dug it out the best we could and used the xb2002 ice breaker for the rest! after 4 hours of digging, we only had 1.5 hours to fish but we got 2 walleyes and 2...
  7. S

am I stuck with hydraullic?

got a 94 xb2002 that went in the water for the first time in 3 years last weekend. I have owned the boat since 95 and replaced the dual steering cables once, they are now super tight and lubing didn't seem to help. I also heard they no longer make the dual opposing steering cables any more so...
  8. S

winter beater

so I decided to keep my Ally and use it for a winter beater! here's my kid catching a walleye from 60 ft of water on the semi frozen Ct river...
  9. S

Time to say good bye!

Well boys I have been on this site now for over 10 years and have gotten alot of good tips. life has changed for me, my kids are finally able to handle a rod and real by themselves and are getting bigger. 2 years ago, after a bad divorce, I bought a jet boat as I live on a shallow river loaded...
  10. S

CDI stator 16 amp

I bought this 2 years and not only did I not need it as I found out I had a bad trigger but I also bought the wrong unit. Model number. 274-5456-S15. i have it listed on Ebay starting at 150. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140528743102&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT...
  11. S

some good winter reading with picts of my ALLY

http://www.insideline.net/index.php/feature-weather/349-qwinterizeq-your-rig enjoy
  12. S

Mercury buzzers.

Hey guys, I bought another toy ( not an Allison) with a 175 jet on it with oil injection. Are there more than one buzzer or way it sounds. I already had the overheat buzzer go off when I clogged it with grass but since all my previous mercs did not have oil injection I was wondering if there is...
  13. S

running out of gas? e-10 problem?

So my boat now periodically runs out of gas while underway, I know this can cause serious problems if I am really standing on it. it runs fine, I think at 40-50 mph but when I bring it into the 70's, it runs out of fuel?? its a standard 97 225 promax, I checked and put a new fuel filter in...
  14. S

running out of gas?

My enigne will be running fine at 40 mph but when I open her up, the motor just shut down, when I looked at the fuel filter it was empty? I checked for leaks and found none, could I have an E85 problem? maybe there is something floating around the bottom of the tank not letting the gas get...
  15. S

Merc Racing stator by CDI

I bought the wrong one last year and it wasn't returnable so I have a CDI Stator for Merc, 16 amp, part number 274-5456-s-15 for sale. Never installed. TYD in lower 48 for $200.00
  16. S

no spark

I have a 97 225 promax, the other day while out fishing, I went to start the engine up and got nothing? after screwing around for a little while, I noticed the bulb was not tight so I pumped it up and was good to go. made it back to the ramp without incident. I discovered a small air leak around...
  17. S

bet you haven't seen an Ally like this before!

Since you can't put up detailed reports with pictures on this site, check this link out, let me know if it works. http://riversmallies.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=47185&st=0&gopid=512575&#entry512575
  18. S

hydraullic steering in ultra cold weather

I am finally thinking seriously about going for power steering, will it work flawlessly in temps in the zero-20 degree F weather. I run my Ally all winter long in New England and sometimes the cables will freeze up, was wondering if it will be better with power steering. my boat only does low...
  19. S

Hydraullic question

o.k. guys, after 15 years of the dual cable steering with no problems other than a stiff arm, I think I am going to finally break down and buy Hydraullic. I have a few last minute questions. How will the steering and hyd fluid react to running the boat in near zero degree weather? If Darris...
  20. S

Stripers in Dec in Ct.

Went out the other day with 2 friends, got 98 schoolies between us. Yes you can catch fish out of an Ally with iceburgs floating by. check out the picts. http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/GaryP_fishing/12-29-2008%20Housey/